Thread: rifle range in devon

rifle range in devon

Morning gents,

Are there any full bore rifle ranges in devon that allow stalkers to zero there rifle on there range, the problem I have Is I knocked my scope the other night and now the rifle is off, all the land I have is either unsuitable,6 foot high with maze or to close to the release pens, so I need to find a range that wI'll allow me to do so.
    Cheers
    Ross.

Try Budleigh Farm as a pay to shoot range if not Devon Rangers are a good club near Braunton , with 50m range, meet most Sundays.Look them both up on the web

I contacted Budleigh farm today, but they aren't doing anything until next week due to a death in the family, the Braunton one would be to short a range sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    I contacted Budleigh farm today, but they aren't doing anything until next week due to a death in the family, the Braunton one would be to short a range sadly.
    Surely you can find a spot where you can shoot at 50 yards range into an earth bank or other suitable backstop? At 50 yards I'm looking to be hitting the target dead centre.

Regards JCS

I like to zero at 100 yards if possible.

Depends where in devon - I've zeroed at the Tunnel Target Sports Centre before just over in Dorset. Google it - I can't post links...!

Bore sighted then shot at short range before moving back to 100.

It's indoors and a bit damp though, so you can get some heat haze coming off the barrel/mod and fogging the view through your scope. I just took a chance and turned up...they were v helpful but initially a bit dubious about a newly set-up gun.

How about this one, may be worth giving them a ring.

Exmoor Rangers Shooting Club - Home

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Surely you can find a spot where you can shoot at 50 yards range into an earth bank or other suitable backstop? At 50 yards I'm looking to be hitting the target dead centre.

Regards JCS
    +1 this is sound advice. Dead on at 50 is about 1" high at 100 so you are with a . 308 Dead on at 150 and 2" down at 200.