Thread: Roaring

Roaring

Hi,

I am off to Corrour on Wednesday night for three days on the hill. First time in the highlands on the Stags for me so very excited. Anyone on here from that area? If so, has The Roaring started yet?

Hedgehopper

Haven't heard anyone from that area, hearing anything.
    I heard one in the wood the other night, so maybe some of their woodland stags are starting.

Friend of mine heard a stag roaring in Argyll last week, but the main rut is probably a good 10+ days away IMHO.

There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

Plenty of Roaring near Loch Callater close to Braemar on saturday when I was out there.

Still a little bit early, usually in by the first week of October, however it also depends on the weather. Sharp frosts will bring it in a bit earlier.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

In Gaelic lore the 26th of September was known as the day of the roaring, the day that roaring starts, it's surprising how accurate that can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehopper View Post
    Hi, I am off to Corrour on Wednesday night for three days on the hill. First time in the highlands on the Stags for me so very excited. Anyone on here from that area? If so, has The Roaring started yet? Hedgehopper
    A wonderful estate.. but it's been a few years now since I went and back then my friends & I were shooting hinds. I'm sure you'll enjoy the place though.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    In Gaelic lore the 26th of September was known as the day of the roaring, the day that roaring starts, it's surprising how accurate that can be.
    I've been in Sutherland the last two weeks and clearly the stags there are not "old skool" as they were giving it rooty-toot!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thank you everyone for the replies. I can but hope that the Stags at Corrour are also a bit "Modernist" and decide to get going early. Doubtless we will have a fabulous time, roaring or not.

Hedgehopper