Roaring

Hedgehopper

Hi,

I am off to Corrour on Wednesday night for three days on the hill. First time in the highlands on the Stags for me so very excited. Anyone on here from that area? If so, has The Roaring started yet?

Hedgehopper

Haven't heard anyone from that area, hearing anything.
I heard one in the wood the other night, so maybe some of their woodland stags are starting.

Friend of mine heard a stag roaring in Argyll last week, but the main rut is probably a good 10+ days away IMHO.

Still a little bit early, usually in by the first week of October, however it also depends on the weather. Sharp frosts will bring it in a bit earlier.

In Gaelic lore the 26th of September was known as the day of the roaring, the day that roaring starts, it's surprising how accurate that can be.

Hi, I am off to Corrour on Wednesday night for three days on the hill. First time in the highlands on the Stags for me so very excited. Anyone on here from that area? If so, has The Roaring started yet? Hedgehopper

A wonderful estate.. but it's been a few years now since I went and back then my friends & I were shooting hinds. I'm sure you'll enjoy the place though.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I can but hope that the Stags at Corrour are also a bit "Modernist" and decide to get going early. Doubtless we will have a fabulous time, roaring or not.

Hedgehopper

Back