Thread: Article from 2013 - Chief Con. Andrew Marsh - Felweg lead

Article from 2013 - Chief Con. Andrew Marsh - Felweg lead

Interesting to read in the context that it was delivered in December 2013, apparently. He asks shooters to be patient and apply in good time for renewals. He suggests service to the sport will be improving and the 'new guidance' will see a uniform approach.
    Anyone feel the police service has delivered ? If not why not and what is being done to push our perspective. Not enough 2 years on almost I suspect.
    UK Firearms Licensing: The view from Chief Constable Andy Marsh - Shooting UK

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Interesting to read in the context that it was delivered in December 2013, apparently. He asks shooters to be patient and apply in good time for renewals. He suggests service to the sport will be improving and the 'new guidance' will see a uniform approach.
    Anyone feel the police service has delivered ? If not why not and what is being done to push our perspective. Not enough 2 years on almost I suspect.
    "I need to deliver a fair price for both certificate holders and the taxpayer."

Last time I checked I was both a tax payer and a certificate holder!!

Why is it that I sometimes feel that holding an FAC excludes me from being considered equal to the rest of the populous??? Any one else feel this??
    1. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
    2. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    1 what is good time ? my sgc renewal was sent in early july it runs out in November and I don't think there is any chance of seeing it in November. at the same time I sent my fac in for a variation so I don't think I will see that until who knows when also . mr marsh has presided over one of the worst preforming licensing departments in the uk. for a short time things looked good at Hampshire licensing dpt but that did not last very long. ( I think we should take what mr marsh says with a pinch of salt) after this post he has probably had me put back too the bottom of the very big pile .