Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Rifle Shooter Magazine - First thoughts

  1. #1

    Rifle Shooter Magazine - First thoughts

    I got a copy of the new Rifle Shooter magazine last week and have had a good read through, early days but I thought it was a decent enough alternative to Sporting Rifle. Only time will tell if the quality holds up and hopefully the some of the contributors (those who have stalking company's) don't just use it as an advertising platform.

    Initial thoughts are it was worth a read and I have a years subscription so we shall see. I hope it isn't too deer heavy and not to African focussed either - also I hope it isn't just about the trips that the editor goes on that really annoys me in Sporting Shooter (same people) to the point where I stopped taking it.

    So far so good, anybody else got any thoughts?

  2. #2
    I had a look for it in WH Smith the other day but couldn't find it. Gave up on Sporting Shooter ages ago, so hoping this one literally knocks it off the shelves.
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.

  3. #3
    Is that Mike Yardley bloke in it?

  4. #4
    I just typed in "Rifle Shooter Magazine" and I was surprised at their offer, for £3 they will send you three magazines monthly with no postage fees!

    I think 12 months membership was around £35.

    I have gone for the three month deal initially just to see if it suits me, you can't go wrong for £3, the shop price is over £4 an issue.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
    Is that Mike Yardley bloke in it?
    No.
    Specialist boarding for working dogs in Staffordshire.
    All breeds of dogs trained, puppies and older dogs sometimes available
    Click here------->Wren's mews, kennels and cattery.<-------Click here

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkingKent View Post
    I just typed in "Rifle Shooter Magazine" and I was surprised at their offer, for £3 they will send you three magazines monthly with no postage fees!

    I think 12 months membership was around £35.

    I have gone for the three month deal initially just to see if it suits me, you can't go wrong for £3, the shop price is over £4 an issue.

    Done, thank you!
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.

  7. #7
    SD Regular vizslamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire. Land of rain and more rain.
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkingKent View Post
    I just typed in "Rifle Shooter Magazine" and I was surprised at their offer, for £3 they will send you three magazines monthly with no postage fees!

    I think 12 months membership was around £35.

    I have gone for the three month deal initially just to see if it suits me, you can't go wrong for £3, the shop price is over £4 an issue.
    No they don't, just looked at this and thought what the hell for £3 and went through the on line purchase process. It is when you get to the end of the checkout that it clearly states 3 month direct debit @ £3. Anyway didn't bother as it looks like the same old rubbish as SR.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    No they don't, just looked at this and thought what the hell for £3 and went through the on line purchase process. It is when you get to the end of the checkout that it clearly states 3 month direct debit @ £3. Anyway didn't bother as it looks like the same old rubbish as SR.
    I thought the same as above and didn't order but the stated 76% discount works out right at only £3 for the 3 copies very confusing

  9. #9
    It's 3 issues for £3 and then direct debit £15 every 6 months unless you cancel.
    Rifle Shooter Magazine Subscription | Subscription Save

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hants View Post
    I had a look for it in WH Smith the other day but couldn't find it. Gave up on Sporting Shooter ages ago, so hoping this one literally knocks it off the shelves.

    Pretty sure Rifle Shooter has the same editor as Sporting Shooter. So I don't suppose it will be much different...

Similar Threads

  1. Your thoughts on rifle
    By matmull243 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 18:54
  2. Ultimate Hog rifle - Its all in the Shooter!
    By Sidewinder in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 19:06
  3. Sporting Shooter Magazine Visits Jelen
    By Jelendeer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 20:40
  4. Best Monthly Shooting Magazine???? - Thoughts
    By AllThingsShooting in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 13:32
  5. Free Online Magazine Target shooter
    By devilishdave in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 19:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •