Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubber Bolt Knob.

Rubber Bolt Knob.

Really taken with the idea of one of theese(http://www.webshop.roedale.de/produc...ml&language=en)

Anyone know where to get one in the UK? Or how to get one dtraight from roedale, there system is beyond me!

I hear they are very popular in Sweden. If any kind Scandinavian resident fancied buying and posting one to me as a gift I would be more than happy to pay!

Thanks

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    I fancy one of these myself!...my mate has one which was brought over from sweden ages ago
    I have made do with a ferrule off a wading stick for the time being....ugly as f@@k but does the job!

, always makes me laugh out loud when something is touted as "Tactical", spose it might come in handy if I'd neglected to wash hands after greasing the Landrover!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

these things are great

I brought one back from Sweden years ago, then sold it on with a rifle.

I haven't been able to find them over here.

Anybody got good contact with Roedale? maybe we could do a group buy.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Redneck

sounds a good idea!

just been on website and registered as a buyer........it works out at 35 euros to get one and have it shipped over!....a wee bit expensive for a bit of rubber?

what do you guys think.
    Last edited by monarman; 29-04-2010 at 11:02.

While I can understand the use of such materials in very gold weather. We simply don't get that kind of weather here. Now have you honestly ever heard of someone freezing to the steel bolt knob/handle of their rifles in the UK?

The very cold is why bolt knobs and trigger guards were made of horn on quality rifles.

I have also heard some not too pleasent things about Roedale and as a result I would think very seriously before buying anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I have also heard some not too pleasent things about Roedale and as a result I would think very seriously before buying anything from them.
    Once bitten, twice shy

I'll stay clear then.

When battering away at hinds, it fairly lets you grab the bolt handle quickly!!

Bit pricey for what it is though

Each to their own as they say, I prefer the super slick bit that has no bluing left on it, hard to imagine anything smoother & easier to articulate.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Anyone who spends 25quid on a black rubber ball is being shafted. You might aswell bend over and put it in your mouth
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bQ4IbVTjL.jpg

ATB
    Mick