Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even more trouble ahead?

Even more trouble ahead?

Meat-eaters should be treated like smokers, says the vegan shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy | UK Politics | News | The Independent

The other thread on the shadow cabinet seems to have lost its way a bit. I couldn't quite believe this when I read it, see what you think!

The Lunatics are taking over the asylum ,boy did BASC get it wrong when they hoped she,d mellow her views being in the shadow cabinet.Once again not a balanced view from Her on why Veganism is her way "Forward",but a diatribe against normal people who mind their own and dont spout Tripe <sorry >You will obey or you,l be treated like an outcast ,nasty meat chewing badddd person.How the hell does a fascist like this get elected.I get in power your all going to do as i say because my opinion is the ONLY 1 that counts.,no it isnt your a minority Guardian reading eejit and other people should be allowed their opinion however much you disagree
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

I saw this via Twitter. Her appointment is a total joke and how she can claim in one breath to be a "militant" vegan and in the next to be open minded and accepting towards livestock farming is beyond me. If she was willing to act on real evidence rather than on her own beliefs then she wouldn't be a vegan in the first place.
    I do wish they'd find someone other than the CA to comment though, what they say is right but I fear too many of "the public" believe the CA to be the bad guys to take them seriously.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I wonder if such people approve of happy wild meat? Do they use rat poison when needed? Do they take antibiotics? You cant argue with stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    Maybe she just wants everyone to eat cake?
    As long as there aren't any eggs in the recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Gaothead View Post
    I wonder if such people approve of happy wild meat?.
    Doubt it.

On the subject of arguing with stupid, I used to work for a man who was a meat eater. Despite the fact that he was happy to eat farmed meat (as these animals were bred especially for that purpose) he mildly disapproved of me shooting wild animals as he though that it was unfair to kill them (being born free etc)

Well if'n the vegans/veggies, etc want to fight the meat eaters ...... maybe they should prepare for an uphill struggle, ...a bit like those of us who hold legal firearms & go hunting for the pot.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    The Lunatics are taking over the asylum ,boy did BASC get it wrong when they hoped she,d mellow her views being in the shadow cabinet.Once again not a balanced view from Her on why Veganism is her way "Forward",but a diatribe against normal people who mind their own and dont spout Tripe <sorry >You will obey or you,l be treated like an outcast ,nasty meat chewing badddd person.How the hell does a fascist like this get elected.I get in power your all going to do as i say because my opinion is the ONLY 1 that counts.,no it isnt your a minority Guardian reading eejit and other people should be allowed their opinion however much you disagree
    Oh dear!.......Oh dear, oh dear! Seems I'm an eejit because I won't read anything owned by Rupert Murdoch. Please don't rush to assumptions about Guardian readers. Most of us have minds open to new ideas,-does'nt mean we accept them all. We are quite capable of forming our own opinions, and some of the recent articles covering the shennanigans of the Labour leadership election have been very dismissive of the result.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake