Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good things come to those who wait!

Good things come to those who wait!

A touch over seven months since my application went in and my FAC arrived today... 2 rifles, 2 mods, Deer & AOLQ, open ticket, expanding ammo condition... all present and correct!

Now, we shop!

Seven months????!!!!
    Makes me realise how lucky we are in North Wales, even if there aren't any deer. I don't think my application even took 7 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    A touch over seven months since my application went in and my FAC arrived today... 2 rifles, 2 mods, Deer & AOLQ, open ticket, expanding ammo condition... all present and correct!

Now, we shop!
    Good one, It's marvellous feeling when you get you're first licence. A bit like passing you're driving test. "Well I think so". Happy shopping.

Seven months is a disgrace, absolutely no excuse for that length of time.

My renewal, with variation for a target rifle, took just over 8 months this time.

gmp is manned by plumbers,,,,sharp sucking of air through the teeth oooooh not sure on that could be a big job!,,,,,been waiting over four months for a reply to an email,
    DONT START

Police Scotland and (most) of the Firearms Departments are in melt down

Just seemed to be long periods of nothing happening! Was with them at headquarters mid-Feb and then 5 weeks later they cashed the cheque and told me it had been referred to the FEO at Motherwell. Then nothing again until early July when the FEO got in touch about my visit and spoke to my references. Can't really fault them from that point as the meeting was arranged quickly and then the lady at licensing was great about chasing it along and, I suspect, pulling it out of a pile to get looked at (benefits of a couple of polite phone calls!). Some of the delay was down to me not installing my cabinet until after the home visit, so that required a follow-up visit once it got the green light at headquarters.

Suspect it's only going to get worse as the FEO confirmed his job (and those of a couple of his colleagues) was ending at the end of this month and would leave one office-based civilian FEO with visits and checks etc. being delegated to uniformed officers. Seven and a half months seems like a long time but perhaps I got in just in time!

There will be no living with you now mate lol.Weldone