Thread: Zeiss Conquest hd5 3-15x50

Zeiss Conquest hd5 3-15x50

Hey lads,any one of ye got one of these Zeisses,their very keenly priced,and the quality isn't meant to be far behind the Victory.
    They can be had for about $1079.00 stateside,the 5-25x50 is the same price.
    Thoughts please.

They're good scopes,but most definitely a mid range scope and a way off the Victory in optical performance,good coatings though and nice turrets(target type). Try Eurooptics,they often have good deals,although if you're importing,remember VAT payable will bump up the price.
    Might be better to buy second hand Top quality optics

Cheers Woodlander ,its the brother that's thinking of it,that or a Swarovski 4-12x50 BT ,which is $1059.00 ,also cheapish for a high end scope.

The Zeiss HD5s have side parallax,whereas the Swaro 4-12 won't. Depends what he wants. The Swaro is in a different class to the HD5 and if importing from the states,add 20%+.

Because of the parallax adjustment the Zeiss will be in a different league at further out ranges. My old zeiss conquests in 6.5-20x50 optically blows the doors off my 3-12 S&B Zenith, the older 3-12 classic at anything over 200yds and is as good as my Kahles tactical 624i. Even at last light it easily outperforms my 3-12 S&B classic.
    By the way I had four 6.5-20x50 conquests in the past 2 left now. Fantastic scopes. Only reason I didn't want the new version is that the turrets turn the other way round.
    edi

The Zeiss conquest is a good scope and built to very high standards, it all comes down to the economies of scale. Zeiss produces circa 70 scopes a week in Europe and stateside they will sell hundreds of thousands in a year that is why it appears cheap and why zeiss will not sell them over here. I have one it is excellent for long distance work and is good in low light conditions, compact and lightweight.

Zeiss in Europe in my opinion do not provide a decent long range scope except in the Hensoldt ones, I can never understand why people are obsessed with elevation turrets when the windage is far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    The Zeiss conquest is a good scope and built to very high standards, it all comes down to the economies of scale. Zeiss produces circa 70 scopes a week in Europe and stateside they will sell hundreds of thousands in a year that is why it appears cheap and why zeiss will not sell them over here. I have one it is excellent for long distance work and is good in low light conditions, compact and lightweight.

Zeiss in Europe in my opinion do not provide a decent long range scope except in the Hensoldt ones, I can never understand why people are obsessed with elevation turrets when the windage is far more important.
    I have 2 6.5-20x50 Conquests (and a 3-9x40) and they don't have quite enough elevation so I use a shim to get that last 200m. Elevation is REALLY important if you are using the scope beyond 900m.
    Ive never had to adjust my scope windage more than a few meters and I always use windage adjustable mounts anyway, so having a windage that does 20m at 1000 isn't useful.
    I like my Zeiss Conquests and would buy one again.