Thread: Improving opportunities to access the outdoors for responsible recreation madness.

Improving opportunities to access the outdoors for responsible recreation madness.

Ladies and Gentleman,
    Please voice your opinions as quickly as possible about the following plan that the Welsh government are trying to bring in. This closes 2nd October, 2015.
    It will cause havoc to our shooting and fishing forever and has come in under radar.
    Complain via email and tell your friends and family to complain too before it is too late.

Thanks,
    Sausage man.

http://gov.wales/consultations/envir...doors/?lang=en
    http://gov.wales/docs/desh/consultat...se-form-en.doc
    http://gov.wales/docs/desh/consultat...ltation-en.pdf

Sounds a bit like our right to roam which we have had for some years now, we thought it would be a disaster and while some have had minor problems, on
    the whole it has been relatively trouble free.

+1 Bogtrotter

I am fed up explaining to people that "the right to roam", does not exist ! They have the right of responsible access.
    It may be called the right to roam but the onus is on the individual to be responsible in whatever activity the are doing at the time. "I didn't know" is not responsible. They should have found out about what and where they were going and the disturbance or damage they may have caused. After that they generally apologies and f*** off the other way .

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    I am fed up explaining that "the right to roam", does not exist ! They have the right of responsible access.
    It may be called the right to roam but the onus is on the individual to be responsible in whatever activity the are doing at the time. "I didn't know" is not responsible. They should have found out about what and where they were going and the disturbance or damage they may have caused. After that they generally apologies and f*** off the other way .
    The right to roam does exist, but it must be excercised responsibly which is the part most don't heed or indeed realise. It has caused me some issues in the last and I have had to pack up and go home in order to avoid\prevent an accident. It properly pisses me off when ignorant folks declare their right to roam, my first question is usually why they have left a gate open, why they have du led rubbish, trampled crops etc. that usually makes them realise they do not have carte Blanche to do what they like where they like.

I have come across people out camping on farmland that I was shooting, all landowners knew I was there and what I was doing, nobody knew these idiots had decided to set up camp in a small area of woodland on the land. If a wayward richotchet which would usually have hit a tree in small copse or into the hill on tuther side of the copse have injured or killed someone who would be at fault? We all know the answer to this but IMHO those not known to the landowner or with permission to be on the land should not be, especially not during the hours of darkness.