Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accompanied stalk

Accompanied stalk

Can I use my own rifle on accompanied stalks even though I don't have deer on my ticket?

Si

No you cant sorry but you can get deer put on easy enough if you have booked stalking

Hi ,if you do not have deer on your ticket for that rifle , then i,m afraid thats it regardless who accompany's you.Thats the way I see it anyhow

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    legally no!!

And no guide worth his salt would allow you to for infringement of firearms legislation. I suggest you get deer put on your ticket or settle for the 'estate rifle'.

regards

steveM

Bummer!!! I was thinking it would be better than using an estate rifle that I'm not familiar with

FEO said I need to get some more stalk receipts before he can put deer on ticket.
    Last edited by Si; 29-04-2010 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Bummer!!! I was thinking it would be better than using an estate rifle that I'm not familiar with

FEO said I need to get some more stalk receipts before he can put deer on ticket.
    Simples, get back to him and tell him you can't get any stalking receipts until he puts deer on your ticket!

Seriously though, you can obviously demonstrate 'good reason' so ask them to put up or put it in writing why not. Then take it from there.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Can I use my own rifle on accompanied stalks even though I don't have deer on my ticket?

Si

NO

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Si

you can always book a couple of days stalking on seperate occassions and get a receipt from the guide to say you have booked. Then have words with the head of your licensing dept. stating that you need to have deer on your ticket to go stalking. That constitutes as 'good reason' and they should by rights not refuse.

Booked Stalks

Si,

Just out of interest how many paid stalks have you been on? I had only done 2, when I applied for my .243 for deer. I got the variation ok, with a nice condition attached. Then again this is Cheshire we are talking about...

Just the one up to now, Red hinds up in Scotland but hoping to have a go at the munties this summer using my own .223
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox