Thread: Bmh lab cross

Bmh lab cross

Just thought I'd post on here to say that Tony from UKDTR has just posted a write up I sent him re my little Bmh lab cross pup on the articles and write ups section of this site entitled "on the right tracks"
    If anyone is interested in this deliberate breed of mongrel then they may find it of interest to them.

Kindest regards, Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Just thought I'd post on here to say that Tony from UKDTR has just posted a write up I sent him re my little Bmh lab cross pup on the articles and write ups section of this site entitled "on the right tracks"
    If anyone is interested in this deliberate breed of mongrel then they may find it of interest to them.

Kindest regards, Olaf
    Thank you for your kind words Olaf.
    your puppy is turning into a cracking dog and will serve you well and hopefully become part of our tracking teams in the near future.
    we have just had another 4 teams added to our call out register and hope to hold more test at some point in the new year.

ATB Tony

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Had a brilliant weekend up in the far north with Nandi. Five thousand odd acres of semi mature forestry with large glades and bogs. Lots off deer tracks, fresh wallows and roaring. We could here them, smell but couldn't see them. Several times heard the clatter as one disappeared through the trees.

Nandi, from the same litter as Olafs is coming on really well, started pointing things and when on a fresh track hackles go right up and tail straight in the air. Getting steadier by the day. Still mostly on a lead, but when off keeping five to ten yards ahead. Sits to quiet psst, and comes immediately to low whistle, or a tap on my side - it will take time till we do all this silently.

Only bit bit was the lake - she pointed out that in October lakes are cold, she is mostly BMH and not a common Labrador and thus no need to go into the lake to retrieve a stick and wash the smell of deer wallows off her! More work required to turn her into a duel purpose deer / wildfowling hound. But very good company. She even sat in a low seat for 90 minutes - well chewed trees routes for half an hour and then fell asleep. Can't expect much more from a 7 month puppy.

And dont be silly we didn't shoot anything, far too much noise some of the time, but that wasn't the point and in time she will be brilliant.