Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arming the enemy within

Arming the enemy within

Sites like these and others help a lot people with legitimate reasons for obtaining fac and sgc go through the application process.

But how many other people are obtaining knowledge to acquire certificates who's reason for a firearm is to help with a terrorist attack as and when required.

Quote Originally Posted by martyn52 View Post
    Sites like these and others help a lot people with legitimate reasons for obtaining fac and sgc go through the application process.

But how many other people are obtaining knowledge to acquire certificates who's reason for a firearm is to help with a terrorist attack as and when required.
    That's a bit of an alarmist stance! It's not difficult to find out how to get a FAC, its all there in black and white on any police force website!!

I really can't see how shooting forums could equip anyone with any greater ability to obtain a ticket!?!?!?

This is the same mentality as the ban private gun brigade, if a terrorist wants a gun he will get one, they might of learn,t to fly a plane , but did not try to Aquire one.

I think there are plenty of easier ways for the "wrong type" to acquire firearms than going through the rigmarole of FAC grants. Aside from the occasional nutcase who had guns already, when was the last time you heard of violent crime being committed with a legally held firearm?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

It's not difficult to find out how to get a FAC, its all there in black and white on any police force website!!

So why are there so many requests from forum members for help of it not that difficult!!! we live in a world of little face to face contact so do you know who you are helping?

Well aren't we lucky the likes of you aren't the ones issuing fire arms certificates then?

How many terrorists have historically used their registered firearm to commit an atrocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydredd View Post
    How many terrorists have historically used their registered firearm to commit an atrocity?
    Not yet, but with the increasing population of 'incomers' who knows what may lay ahead.

For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Has the OP been drinking/smoking??

If u believe everything u read in tabloids be far cheaper just buying a gun in the pub.

I hardly think most sporting weapons are overly suited to terrorism and really cannae see how anything said on here would help them either.
    End off day its the polis checks all the background