Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Tikka T3 Problem

  1. #1

    Tikka T3 Problem

    Im looking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue to the one I had at the weekend with my Tikka T3, I was getting ready to take a shot and as I removed the saftey my rife discharged , my finger was not even in the tigger gaurd , so no chance I had inadvertentlly touched it !

    some background info ..


    • The trigger pull is set at 4lb , with the adjustment screw sealed with epoxy
    • The saftey did appear to be stiff when trying to disengauge it
    • Afterwards the bolt will not open and appears to be jammed and the saftey wont move
    • The rifle has had about 400rds thru it


    obviously the day was cut short and the rifle is going into the gnsmiths today , could have been a vey nasty incident , good job my father always told me dont take the saftey off until your ready to shoot

    Ray

  2. #2
    Change of underpants?

    no never had that experience (or heard of it in a T3), usually afaik it can happen if the trigger is set too light. 4lb should be fine with a standard T3 trigger tho....

  3. #3
    May not be the same thing at all, but had the same issue with a webley air rifle which I had used excessive lubricant on whilst cleaning... Good luck at the smith....

  4. #4
    You will find that probably the M6 screw that holds the trigger mechanism is loose.
    Every T3 that comes into my workshop I remove that screw, and add locktite + good torque when refitting.
    Sako and Tikka sickness. Wouldn't happen to a remmy.
    edi

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    You will find that probably the M6 screw that holds the trigger mechanism is loose.
    Every T3 that comes into my workshop I remove that screw, and add locktite + good torque when refitting.
    Sako and Tikka sickness. Wouldn't happen to a remmy.
    edi
    there was a post last year where this was the exact cause.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Wouldn't happen to a remmy.
    edi
    Really?
    http://www.cnbc.com/2014/12/05/remin...-triggers.html

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    The T3 trigger can fall out, design of the rem is different, as Long as the stock holds the pins in place the trigger can't drop down.
    The Tikka/Sako design has one screw holding the trigger. Bit like a wheel nut all is fine as long as it is tight... and mostly is. No harm
    in checking the torque of the screw when the action is out for routine cleaning.


    edi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    The T3 trigger can fall out, design of the rem is different, as Long as the stock holds the pins in place the trigger can't drop down.
    The Tikka/Sako design has one screw holding the trigger. Bit like a wheel nut all is fine as long as it is tight... and mostly is. No harm
    in checking the torque of the screw when the action is out for routine cleaning.


    edi
    Ah, I see.
    so the T3 is far superior to the Remington trigger (just needs a dab of loctite).

  9. #9
    Yes I think the T3 trigger is better than the standard Remmy one, by far. The way it is mounted or held in place seems to have issues though, no Loctite on that screw from the factory! How many T3's are out there with dodgy M6 trigger screws? I think the remmy solution is safer in that respect. Many custom actions have copied the remmy method and combined with an aftermarket trigger not a bad solution. BTW, there are quite a few that replace the original T3 trigger with aftermarket triggers too.
    I have a few T3's, a few Remmies, Mausers, Sakos and custom actions...none are perfect all need a bit of service every now and then.
    edi

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Yes I think the T3 trigger is better than the standard Remmy one, by far. The way it is mounted or held in place seems to have issues though, no Loctite on that screw from the factory! How many T3's are out there with dodgy M6 trigger screws? I think the remmy solution is safer in that respect. Many custom actions have copied the remmy method and combined with an aftermarket trigger not a bad solution. BTW, there are quite a few that replace the original T3 trigger with aftermarket triggers too.
    I have a few T3's, a few Remmies, Mausers, Sakos and custom actions...none are perfect all need a bit of service every now and then.
    edi
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on mine now.
    Cheers Ted.

    SACS Member. DSC 1.

Similar Threads

  1. Tikka t3 feed problem
    By beno in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 10:00
  2. Tikka T3 varmint vs Tikka T3 tacticle
    By purdeydog in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-10-2014, 20:44
  3. Swap tikka t3 .243 for tikka t3 .308
    By Tomm in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 15:28
  4. Tikka T3 magazine problem.
    By paultap in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 08:26
  5. Tikka T3 experts please- small problem to resolve
    By western woodsman in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 07:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •