Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet again i find something out and about...

yet again i find something out and about...

Out zeroing tonight i see a heli above me...hmmm i wonder..then my mobile rings...hello this is the police...can you remember the location when you found the old man that was lost...i reply funny anough im there now about 500 m away and the chopper is above me...so i guide the chopper into the spot but they cant find anything...i head up to the farm and meet the police..again lol.. head down to have a look in the wood line
    ..but its a very dense dean and they call the dog team...heading back to the farm i see something about 400 m away ..binos out and its him...head over in the police 4x4 and he is safe and sound...this is the second time i have found this old chap and wonder how will this end..he was meters away from a vert drop...

They had been looking for him all day..heli search teams dogs etc but once again the deer stalker saves the day....
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Not going to end well is it Just be prepared mentally for what you may one day stumble across

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Not going to end well is it Just be prepared mentally for what you may one day stumble across
    I know ...i hope his family looks after him ..
    and still growing.....

Well done exmarksman you do us proud!

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    I know ...i hope his family looks after him ..
    Well they aren't doing very well at the moment if they've lost him twice

Quote Originally Posted by starr shot View Post
    I think he lives with his wife...you would think its time for further Professional Care....this may end very bad.....and apart from that he is spooking all the bloody deer. lol
    and still growing.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheStalkingChef View Post
    Well done exmarksman you do us proud!
    As i say ..who never know who is about..so always think safety....
    and still growing.....

its a problem called care in the community ,there isnt any.about ten years ago my great aunt drifted into dementia .one day she decided to come visit ,trouble was she lived in London and the family lived in Yorkshire.The police rescued her from the Blackwall tunnel where she was lucky not to get run over.No one realised till then how bad she,d got .Theres no real help other than family and the odd support group as we live longer its going to be a more common event im afraid.
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by starr shot View Post

Probably not as simple as we think. My mother in law is in a care home for a while (she had a fall) and we want her to stay as she's very infirm. Will she hell as like, insists on going home. We know it will not end well but what can we do about it? She has her rights and they shouldn't be over ruled while she's mentally stable. She's a little forgetful and not as sharp as she was but she's still astute enough to know when she's being conned.

We have no choice but to let her do as she wants, and this other family may be in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    its a problem called care in the community ,there isnt any.about ten years ago my great aunt drifted into dementia .one day she decided to come visit ,trouble was she lived in London and the family lived in Yorkshire.The police rescued her from the Blackwall tunnel where she was lucky not to get run over.No one realised till then how bad she,d got .Theres no real help other than family and the odd support group as we live longer its going to be a more common event im afraid.
    He lives in a small village and is well know..think it was 6 weeks since the last time he went off on a wonder...it amazies me how he keeps heading to that location and what is his route..?.. this place is so over grown and shear drops at points ....
    and still growing.....