Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting expanding bullets.

Posting expanding bullets.

Simple question. Can you post expanding bullets to an RFD near a prospective purchaser so that the RFD can then complete a face-to-face transfer to the buyer?
    MS

No.

These are S5 prohibited not S1, so transactions have to be face to face.

These have ammunition status, so can't be posted RFD to RFD. Courier job I'm sure. Royal Mail won't take them.

http://www.royalmail.com/business/he...ohibited-goods

Ammunition
    Except lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

as above, RM? wrap em tight say they are ball bearings poxy anti's but no for the exp's f2f or rfd vie Courier

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Simple question. Can you post expanding bullets to an RFD near a prospective purchaser so that the RFD can then complete a face-to-face transfer to the buyer?
    MS

Yes you can
    Parcelforce or TNT as per a firearm (currently the only two I am aware of)
    You can post your own rifle to an RFD in the same way

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Yes you can
    Parcelforce or TNT as per a firearm (currently the only two I am aware of)
    You can post your own rifle to an RFD in the same way
    Whilst I agree that you can post your own S1 firearm to an RFD, can you actually do the same with expanding bullets which are S5 which come under completly different rules ?

Hmmm If you buy from shooting supplies Luxembourg they will post dirtly to your door :-0 hows that work then?????

a non rfd can't send by any parcel courier means now. Such a transfer is rfd to rfd only where firearms or s5 elements are concerned. Do not send mislabeled restricted items as such deliberate actions are just bad news waiting to happen.
    ps
    out of the uk the laws don't apply to the shipping of components and there is no restrictions to s5 bullets for reloading that migrate into the uk postal system
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 01-10-2015 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    Hmmm If you buy from shooting supplies Luxembourg they will post dirtly to your door :-0 hows that work then?????
    They use DPD as a courier, not the Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    a non rfd can't send by any parcel courier means now. Such a transfer is rfd to rfd only where firearms or s5 elements are concerned.
    Unless something has very recently changed the holder is perfectly legally able to send (and receive) their own items (I personally sent and had a mod returned direct to me by JMS the importer of PES/MAE mods using this very method, verified as legal by Sussex Police)

There is no reason for an item to be taken to an RFD other than cost of shipping

Non RFD shipping accounts with TNT have a minimum value much more than a trade price
    RFD rates in the Gun Trade Association can get this down to 10ish for a parcel that can take 2 rifles/shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by Wapinschaw View Post
    They use DPD as a courier, not the Post Office.
    I had some expanding bullets sent from Germany. They were shipped from the shop via DPD but then on arrival in this country were transferred to, and then delivered by Royal Mail… go figure.

Alan