Posting expanding bullets.

Monkey Spanker

Simple question. Can you post expanding bullets to an RFD near a prospective purchaser so that the RFD can then complete a face-to-face transfer to the buyer?
MS

as above, RM? wrap em tight say they are ball bearings poxy anti's but no for the exp's f2f or rfd vie Courier

Simple question. Can you post expanding bullets to an RFD near a prospective purchaser so that the RFD can then complete a face-to-face transfer to the buyer?
MS

Yes you can
Parcelforce or TNT as per a firearm (currently the only two I am aware of)
You can post your own rifle to an RFD in the same way

Yes you can
Parcelforce or TNT as per a firearm (currently the only two I am aware of)
You can post your own rifle to an RFD in the same way

Whilst I agree that you can post your own S1 firearm to an RFD, can you actually do the same with expanding bullets which are S5 which come under completly different rules ?

Hmmm If you buy from shooting supplies Luxembourg they will post dirtly to your door :-0 hows that work then?????

a non rfd can't send by any parcel courier means now. Such a transfer is rfd to rfd only where firearms or s5 elements are concerned. Do not send mislabeled restricted items as such deliberate actions are just bad news waiting to happen.
ps
out of the uk the laws don't apply to the shipping of components and there is no restrictions to s5 bullets for reloading that migrate into the uk postal system

Last edited:
a non rfd can't send by any parcel courier means now. Such a transfer is rfd to rfd only where firearms or s5 elements are concerned.

Unless something has very recently changed the holder is perfectly legally able to send (and receive) their own items (I personally sent and had a mod returned direct to me by JMS the importer of PES/MAE mods using this very method, verified as legal by Sussex Police)

There is no reason for an item to be taken to an RFD other than cost of shipping

Non RFD shipping accounts with TNT have a minimum value much more than a trade price
RFD rates in the Gun Trade Association can get this down to £10ish for a parcel that can take 2 rifles/shotguns

Couldn't find any carrier that would ship my rifle barrel and all were very clear in each case that they wouldn't deal with a unregistered person, recommending a rfd only for all parts and s5 items

Couldn't find any carrier that would ship my rifle barrel and all were very clear in each case that they wouldn't deal with a unregistered person, recommending a rfd only for all parts and s5 items

interesting
I have a TNT account for just that purpose, will check with that

I had some expanding bullets sent from Germany. They were shipped from the shop via DPD but then on arrival in this country were transferred to, and then delivered by Royal Mail… go figure.

Alan

Yep.....happens everytime i order from Alpinhunting or Wiederladen Alzey....arrives courtesy of Royal Mail....funny that!

So how would you explaine them if asked ,why were these not entered on your ticket by a RFD as I thought you had to show all purchase of bullet on your licence ,sticky wicket that one and not one I would what to have

So how would you explaine them if asked ,why were these not entered on your ticket by a RFD as I thought you had to show all purchase of bullet on your licence ,sticky wicket that one and not one I would what to have

It's a non-issue. Many of us don't show any purchases at all, other than .22RF, as all our bullets come in from overseas. Never a problem provided you keep to the stated quantities on your FAC, and as you shouldn't be entering them on there yourself it's far from a sticky wicket.

This subject confuses the hell out of me.

Can a friend of mine post me a box of Barnes TTSX?

If not why not?

Apparently, if your friend is posting them from outside the uk then yes not a problem.
if posting from inside the uk then, no not legal......

More interesting is how would you (hypothetically) explain that while you were out the bullets arrived in the post, your wife took them in and opened them to see what was there and now she is in possession of controlled expanding bullets that she shouldn't have? My last order from AlpinHUnting fortunately arrived whilst I was at home but 10 mins either side and would have been different.

More interesting is how would you (hypothetically) explain that while you were out the bullets arrived in the post, your wife took them in and opened them to see what was there and now she is in possession of controlled expanding bullets that she shouldn't have? My last order from AlpinHUnting fortunately arrived whilst I was at home but 10 mins either side and would have been different.
Never going to happen though is it so all hypothetical/unhelpful! Likewise me Julie could find my Cabinet keys, open my cabinet, and go stalking. She may find the keys but she would know what they were and leave well alone just like she would with the bullet parcel!

Back