Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Night Vision Scopes ?

Good Night Vision Scopes ?

Hi all

I'm looking for advice on Night Vision Scopes for a Rim Fire Rifle. Just need an idea of what to look for and examples of recommended scopes.

Much appreciated

SD Regular
    Are you after dedicated NV or add on, and what is your ideal budget. Piece of string otherwise....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have a Pulsar NV870 on mine, use it just for rabbits and had no problems at all. You do meed to get a good IR source as well though. I use the night master 800 with mine

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie9 View Post
    Hi all

I'm looking for advice on Night Vision Scopes for a Rim Fire Rifle. Just need an idea of what to look for and examples of recommended scopes.

Much appreciated
    with that information I would suggest a budget from 400 to 4,000.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Yep, to give anything like relevant advice, you'll need to say if it's a dedicated one (that is, only to be used in the dark) or one with a daytime capability. Or do you want an add on to your current scope? Some idea of budget would be good too. As the Singing Stalker says, you can spend from under 500 to over 4000. Having said that, you can get value for money in the lower price range and indeed anywhere in between probably.

Might be worth stalking the videos on YouTube, where you can find reviews and often some footage of scopes in use, maybe you can then narrow down what is good for you.

Dont mess about go and spend 3000 and buy a good second hand longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie9 View Post
    Hi all

Much appreciated
    You have a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    Dont mess about go and spend 3000 and buy a good second hand longbow.
    Good call.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I totally agree the Longbow is probably the best NV out there. However as the op has said he wants a scope for a rimfire I think I would go down the Archer route. Still a brilliant piece of kit using a standard scope which needs to be suitable, but more than adequate for anything out to 150 yards and more with a decent IR but cheaper than the Longbow.

If you want an add-on that fits onto the back of your existing scope then the Ward D vision 700 is the best bet at 695
    That will allow you to continue to use your day scope without any changes to zero or reticle focus.
    You will also need an infra red illuminator, and for rimfire ranges there are plenty available, the black sun B20 at 42 would do the job nicely.
    If you want a dedicated night vision riflescope for rimfire ranges, then I'd strongly recommend a digital scope rather than a tube type such as the Longbow or the Archer.
    A Pulsar N750 would be the cheapest at around 1250 new - although you may well be able to pick up a good used scope around 750.
    The best digital scope is the Drone Pro at 1700 - still a lot less than a good tubed unit.
    Hope that helps

Cheers

Bruce