Thread: AGHE prices 2015

AGHE prices 2015

Interested in what people are getting quoted for in-fur carcasses for the upcoming season? I have just been told 2.50/kg and 1.25kg muntjac collected this year which is a considerable drop! Apparently due to the strong pound or so I was told.

I didn't think that UK exports any venison these days? We are no way close to satisfying home demand with UK deer carcasses.

Shop around or put it in the freezer?

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Interested in what people are getting quoted for in-fur carcasses for the upcoming season? I have just been told 2.50/kg and 1.25kg muntjac collected this year which is a considerable drop! Apparently due to the strong pound or so I was told.
    The chap I deal with has just confirmed prices
    1.95 a pound for fallow and Roe. (H&L shot ) but doesn't want any more munties

also takes head shot rabbits at a pound each

Thats delivered To his chiller with just a coat and a tag

best deal I've had - ever 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    I didn't think that UK exports any venison these days? We are no way close to satisfying home demand with UK deer carcasses.
    But that's exactly the point - the majority of venison is imported and the current exchange rate makes imports cheaper - Hence price pressure on home produced venison.
    Lamb and beef markets are similarly affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post

Shop around or put it in the freezer?
    I would need a very big freezer!

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    But that's exactly the point - the majority of venison is imported and the current exchange rate makes imports cheaper - Hence price pressure on home produced venison.
    Lamb and beef markets are similarly affected.
    That's the point, I did think to myself last year seeing venison on the supermarket shelves for the same price or cheaper than other meats it's premium days were numbered!