Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Volunteer Stalkers Wanted

  1. #1

    Volunteer Stalkers Wanted

    Just saw this on the Deer Initiative website.

    The Woodland Trust is looking for volunteer stalkers at various sites throughout the North of England.

    A great opportunity for stalkers with the correct qualifications and experience.

    Robin

  2. #2
    why it always so far away

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    why it always so far away
    Cos T'north is a big place with no people and loads of deer

    As Kershaw says, a good chance for those that can meet the needs.

    Job vacancies | The Deer Initiative

  4. #4
    YOU GIT ! Got any salt LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedave View Post
    Cos T'north is a big place with no people and loads of deer

    As Kershaw says, a good chance for those that can meet the needs.

    Job vacancies | The Deer Initiative

  5. #5
    Does anyone have experience of the following woods and what deer species and numbers are present at Nor Cookspring and Owler carr Dronfield, Bitholmes Sheffield and Oldmoor Strelley Nottingham. Not far from myself might be worth a look.

    Regards

    DS

  6. #6
    Before you get too excited .......

    The skills and experience required

    To be considered for selection you must hold the following:-

     Deer Stalking Certificate 2 or equivalent British qualification e.g. NVQ/SVQ level 2 units C49 and C50 in Game and Wildlife Management or St Hubert Lantra Deer Stalking Qualification. This should also include Large Game Handling.

     A UK Firearms Certificate including authorisation to hold a calibre of firearm which is suitable and legal for all deer species in England.

     Public Liability Insurance to the minimum value of 10 Million.

     Moderated firearms.

     FAW+F Certificate (First Aid at Work plus Forestry). If you do not hold the appropriate Certificate you must acquire it before culling commences. DI Ltd will organise courses early in the season for anyone requiring FAW+F training; these will be reasonably costed courses for your own expense.

    Lead free ammunition has to be used too.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Before you get too excited .......

    The skills and experience required

    To be considered for selection you must hold the following:-

     Deer Stalking Certificate 2 or equivalent British qualification e.g. NVQ/SVQ level 2 units C49 and C50 in Game and Wildlife Management or St Hubert Lantra Deer Stalking Qualification. This should also include Large Game Handling.

     A UK Firearms Certificate including authorisation to hold a calibre of firearm which is suitable and legal for all deer species in England.

     Public Liability Insurance to the minimum value of 10 Million.

     Moderated firearms.

     FAW+F Certificate (First Aid at Work plus Forestry). If you do not hold the appropriate Certificate you must acquire it before culling commences. DI Ltd will organise courses early in the season for anyone requiring FAW+F training; these will be reasonably costed courses for your own expense.

    Lead free ammunition has to be used too.
    Pretty much the norm for this type of culling on public frequented land by the looks of it then? Looks like a great opportunity to me. Good luck to all those who get a place.
    Baguio

  8. #8
    Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St Vincent and the Grenadines
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by DEER STALKER View Post
    Does anyone have experience of the following woods and what deer species and numbers are present at Nor Cookspring and Owler carr Dronfield, Bitholmes Sheffield and Oldmoor Strelley Nottingham. Not far from myself might be worth a look.

    Regards

    DS
    From my knowledge over the years, theres Roe at Dronfield with muntjac on the doorstep. Roe and some red at Bitholmes (Nw Sheffield? ) area with muntjac a likelihood as they are present only a couple miles south, fallow deffo with muntjac in the area at Strelley.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Before you get too excited .......

    The skills and experience required

    To be considered for selection you must hold the following:-

     Deer Stalking Certificate 2 or equivalent British qualification e.g. NVQ/SVQ level 2 units C49 and C50 in Game and Wildlife Management or St Hubert Lantra Deer Stalking Qualification. This should also include Large Game Handling.

     A UK Firearms Certificate including authorisation to hold a calibre of firearm which is suitable and legal for all deer species in England.

     Public Liability Insurance to the minimum value of 10 Million.

     Moderated firearms.

     FAW+F Certificate (First Aid at Work plus Forestry). If you do not hold the appropriate Certificate you must acquire it before culling commences. DI Ltd will organise courses early in the season for anyone requiring FAW+F training; these will be reasonably costed courses for your own expense.

    Lead free ammunition has to be used too.
    Thanks for pointing this out Sinistral, I do meet all the criteria and more so will be applying.

    Thank you

    DS

  10. #10
    Hold a First Aid Certificate at Work after 2 day course cost me circa 200 to add to mandatory list of qualifications for FCS controlled syndicate vacancy (successful) but does anyone know how to add the Forestry bit on, without repeating the main course?

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted I volunteer for Larder/Gralloch work.
    By TSG in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-04-2015, 19:31
  2. Wanted willing to volunteer as underkeeper/seasonal stalker in Perthshire
    By Pete Milne in forum Jobs & Employment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2014, 10:29
  3. hello stalkers !
    By TikkaT3 Hunter in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 13:56
  4. Hi Stalkers
    By quadbike in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:42
  5. Ghille/Under Stalkers job wanted
    By nightforce in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 19:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •