Drag rope

Dan Gliballs

Made from a safety belt out of a car, a dog lead swivel and 8mm polyprop rope, great for dragging even the biggest of stags and small enough to fold up in your pocket.

The safety belt loop is sewn together using Maxima's finest 10lb line with the belt going through the swivel, polyprop then spliced to the other end of the swivel, the swivel stops the rope snarling up if the beast start to roll. Wear it like you would the belt in your car, tie the rope through the bottom jaw to keep the head off the ground and away you go.

They do need a wash from time to time as they get a bit smelly :D

DSC01582.jpg

This leaves both your hands free for holding on to your stick/rifle sling, binos ect.

Last edited:
I personally would not tie the beast to yourself, if it rolls down a crag you will go with it. I have seen the seat belt used as a short strop, very effective and user friendly.

I personally would not tie the beast to yourself, if it rolls down a crag you will go with it. I have seen the seat belt used as a short strop, very effective and user friendly.
A little common sense goes a long way;)

I put my stick through the belt whilst dragging down the steep, across the chest works great for dragging across fields or flat ground.

Used it from the hills in the West Highlands to fllats of Caithness.

I have used a seat belt and rope in a similar set up. The only difference being I have a large ring which the doubled seat belt passes through half way along its length. An arm can be passed through the loop at each end of the seat belt which puts the drag weight evenly across the front of both shoulders whilst the rope is also connected to the ring which positions in the middle of your back. I haven't used a swivel which causees the rope to unravel somewhat if the beast spins, so will try adding a swivel.

Haven't seen the belt used for a while, we used them at Meoble, although I did see a lad come very close to death , he was charging down the hill, unaware of a rockface below, I was on the other side of the glen watching helplessly, luckily he managed to get it removed from around him before the stag disapeared over the edge!!!!!!!

Silly bu***r was told plenty times, he was a lucky boy that day.

Not so lucky the next day though, he got the p45:coat:

I have to agree, it IS some place, there are still redcoats running about out there :D

I was in there recently, counted Oban to Lettermorar.....by boat :D

I have to agree, it IS some place, there are still redcoats running about out there :D

I was in there recently, counted Oban to Lettermorar.....by boat :D

There's a few nights walking in from Alex Duncans at Loch Ailort , I'm sure I saw some:cuckoo:
I'd always have a dram for "Charlie" in the cave, I think I may even have slept there 1 night!!!!!!

I'm going to make an effort and walk in this summer, maybe get dropped off at Glen Pean and take a tent, and come over to Arieniscal. better do it soon before the midgies!!!!!!!!!

I walked into the "charlies" last year with the Mrs from Arienskill.

Lovely place

Any old half bottles, have nothing to do with me:rolleyes:

great views looking down Meoble Glen and Loch Beoraid

I'll have to dig out some pics and get them scanned on to here

Alright Dan,hows it hanging? Any chance of buying a drag rope of you?My ghillie would appriciate a birthday present!

You should know by now, you dont give your ghillie a drag rope, you keep them for yourself should you need to thrash him :D

Welcome by the way ;)

Anyone got a scragg end of sreat belt they would like to rehome??? I have Sika I need to drag some way. Happy to pay and postage too.

Cheers

Back