Thread: Kinetic hammer

Kinetic hammer

The screw on bit of my RCBS kinetic hammer has cracked so I suppose I'll have to replace it some time. Are there any bullet pullers that are more user friendly? I find this one takes a lot of vigorous banging to get my 243 rounds apart.
    Cheers,
    GH

Keep the screw on bit tight and it won't break. The kinetic hammer is possibly the easiest while allowing the parts to be kept undamaged, the collect could be replaced with a shell holder to hold the cartridge in place

Hornady Cam-lock puller, always works and no mess. It fits in your press and leaves the case, complete with powder, sitting in the shell holder.

Email RCBS, chances are they will send you a new bit FOC

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    Hornady Cam-lock puller, always works and no mess. It fits in your press and leaves the case, complete with powder, sitting in the shell holder.
    +1 on the Hornady. Eases the bullets out, case upright.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    +1 on the Hornady. Eases the bullets out, case upright.
    +2 - If adjusted correctly it doesn't overly mark the projectile and is a lot quicker than a hammer not to mention quieter as well

never managed to pull factory bullets out with a collet puller without marking them
    in the .222 and short light .243 bullets it couldnt even grip them as they are too close to the ogive in the neck

Boosh, you need to use a bit of delicacy mate, even I can use em with my sausage like pinkies.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!