BASC Trophy measuring.

Roebuck270

Anyone had BASC measure their trophys ? I had two Chinese water deer trophys measured by them, both scored gold. They told me they had no medals but they would arrive shortly, this was almost two years ago.
I have phoned a few times and just got fobbed off, now i have tried to speak to them about it and they wont talk to me about it.
Anyone else had problems with BASC and trophy measuring ?

sounds like they need to do a refund talk to David from BASC on here . He should be able to give you the right contact

Thanks choc, its got to the point where i think they are just incompertant, At this moment in time i am thinking of cancelling my membership, if they cant sort a few medals out how can we rely on them doing a anything else ?

Roebuck270,
PM me with your membership no and the name of the person you spoke too at BASC.
Did you put in a complaint?
If so who did you write too?
I was involved in the BASC trophy measuring Scheme just a month ago with Dominic Griffiths.There was no mention of any unhappy members.

regards
Griff

You can always contact me if you have any questions or issues with any BASC department and i will always look into it for you.

There were problems with the original medals and we have ordered more,
David

May i ask why any one would want the chaps BASC membership number or would there be preferential treatment to some one who is a member. The medal measuring scheme was i am sure open to all. With regards any one getting a head done better to stick with the real chaps at the CIC board

http://www.cictrophy.com/

Choc,
roebuck270 is a BASC member as he stated! I do not need a name I would just pass on the number to the Deer Dept and see if they through David@ BASC would have made a comment, but I see David has already done so..
There is no preferential treatement for anyone, everybody gets treated the same and the Scheme is open to all, so no preferential treatement there.

Hello choc. Yes CIC are deffinatly the only ones that can provide a proper service, i have sent trophys by post 3 - 4 days later back measured and all medals recieved, Think as membership goes the NGO could be more favourable.

Roebuck270,
can you tell us where you got your head measured?
and by whom?

regards
griff

Yes griff,

Dominic Griffith measured two Chinese water deer trophys at western park in 2008. Why this information is needed i dont know as BASC will have it on record and i have had phone calls to BASC deer dept and all they can say is medals are being made, come on BASC this has been nearly two years since the trophys have been measured.

I had BASC measure a Roe head for me at the CLA last year, it was done within the hour and I came away with paperwork and medal, no probs. Curious now what the problem is with them?? I know people on here have issues with BASC but I have used various of their services and never had a problem

That's harsh Adrian! Two years is a long time. Did you get that gold medal Munty meassured with BASC or CIC?

Did you get that gold medal Munty meassured with BASC or CIC?
I was lead to believe that although the trophies are being measured by a BASC rep, ie Dominic Griffiths, the same CIC criteria was being used and that it was only the medal that was different.
The medal has to be different because only a registered CIC measurer can issue a CIC medal.

Josh, The muntjac your on about i got measured by CIC a long time ago, long before BASC even thought about offering the service.

EMcC, Yes BASC use the same formulae as CIC to measure, but BASC are not internationally recognized.

Some may wonder why i decided to let BASC measure my trophys, simple, Dominic Grittith had always measured my trophys so
decided to carry on with him now he was measuring for BASC. But as BASC have made such a hash on the supply of medals i
wont use them anymore. I now use Charles Fenn of CIC and have had him measure trophys with no delay.

I would like to point out i still have had no response from BASC over the matter despite help from David.

Nothing is perfect but like so many things in life, the original is usually the best. There are plenty of situations where people think they can take an existing system and do it better but often fail to a greater or lesser extent. JC

And BASC wonder why some of their members get fed up with them!! dosnt take much working out does it :doh:

Sikamalc (not a BASC member, never to return either) ;)

Back