MTC Optisan scope for recreational target shooting ?

Hales Smut

Are these scopes good for the purpose I want to use them? I Always have used European optics for "stalking" purposes and I am convinced that nothing beats European optics in the low light department. Would these Optisan scopes be bright eneough for daylight recreational target shooting ?

Looked at Sightron yet? We had a few SIII on Display at the range once. I thought they were very clear.
edi

I've only had bad experiences with MTC scopes, finding the one I had (a Viper) to have parallax issues, and a milky image at higher magnifications plus repeatability on turrets not the best for precision target work. Try a Falcon Optice M18 scope. It betters the MTC scope I had in every respect, has great tracking repeatability accuracy, is optically superior and imho, better made. Quality Japenese optics too. It's a no brainer for the money and very popular Sateside with long range terget shooters. It's also the only scope available to buy in the uK that Tibosaurus Rex names on his long range target tutorials as ticking all the relevant boxes for the budget. You'd have to spend considerably more to better it for target work (ie over £1000).

The higher magnifications on the Viper series tend to white out, the Genesis is their better scope. There's also a new range due out called EVX.

How much are you wanting to spend and what sort of range are you wanting to shoot at?

Sorry to spoil it,

Not worth the money IMO save a bit longer and buy a proper scope, I have had a few over the years and found them whiting out on medium to high mag, clicks became les defined over usage of the scopes time on my rifle, and that meant i was not happy that the scope adjustments where true ? found the through image of the scopes tube to be like looking down a furred up drain pipe. This is the image you get when you look through the scope on low mag using the lowest mag to see the full dia of the tube,

Overall a nasty feelings about the scopes and would not have one ever again,

Regards

Bob.

Last edited:
I had a Viper and as others have said above, the image was very milky at higher magnification and the turrets didn't track. Rather than sell it, I binned it because I couldn't in good conscience sell it as fit for purpose.

Thanks. As a few of those DIY NV guys seem to use them I thought they might have been something. Once you go up slightly in price I might go for a Meopta Meopro. They won't be in the R2 Class, but probably better than most low price scopes.

Thanks. As a few of those DIY NV guys seem to use them I thought they might have been something. Once you go up slightly in price I might go for a Meopta Meopro. They won't be in the R2 Class, but probably better than most low price scopes.

Dont discount the Falcon. It's in a completely different class than the MTCs....WAY better. Don't let the low cost put you off. These are genuinely good riflescopes. Mine can be used at any magnification including maximum for target without notable loss of image quality, and optically I would say is superior to one of my Leupold V3s. Tracking so far has been spot on, very positive. If I wasn't using this, the next one up I guess to recommend for target might be the Sightron SIII series.

Back