Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trousers

Trousers

Hi all I need some new stalking trousers that are waterproof, warm and very durable. What would you recommend by past experience?

hi
    sort of really depends on budget really use harkila pro hunters myself for stalking very happy with them but don't use them for anything else don't think they'd last long beating
    best of luck

p.s don't think the perfect set of trousers has been made yet

Have a look at the fjallraven range, they have some good stuff, its pricey but will last years and take whatever you can throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bramble basher View Post
    hi
    sort of really depends on budget really use harkila pro hunters myself for stalking very happy with them but don't use them for anything else don't think they'd last long beating
    best of luck

p.s don't think the perfect set of trousers has been made yet
    +1

Glendine.

Hi there I have been using Seeland keeper trousers which are the right balance of cost performance and comfort IMHO (they certainly beat the soggy years spent in issue DPM!)

The Country Covers Falkland Trousers are hard to beat. Their guarantee is impressive too as is the life expectancy of the garments. Buy British!

Quote Originally Posted by EDICT View Post
    Hi there I have been using Seeland keeper trousers which are the right balance of cost performance and comfort IMHO (they certainly beat the soggy years spent in issue DPM!)
    They have their shortcomings but I have to agree, I use them for work in wet weather as well.

atb Tim

+1 for Harkila Pro Hunters

Pricey but very durable!

I've got the Fjallraven Brenner pro trousers, lovely and warm. Also waterproof and can be further waterproofed with wax. I got them when the sporting lodge were doing a 30% off weekend

I tried a pair of Seeland keeper trousers some years ago. They were ok but didn't last long. Moved to the Deerhunter Huntsville leather fronted trouser`s. They took some stick but after a couple of hard seasons they were finished.
    Next up were a pair of Harkila Kodiaks. Well finished, comfortable kept me dry and warm but they were expensive.
    I wouldn't buy another pair even though they`ve lasted several seasons.
    About 5 years ago I ordered a pair of 4WD swazi pants the wind stopper one`s. Best pair of stalking,hunting, digging trouser`s ive ever owned.
    Though almost worn out now they were very comfortable, warm and water resistant. Easily washed and cleaned, fast drying.
    I could`nt want for a better pair of hunting trousers. So it was an easy choice to go purchase another pair.
    I have`nt worn the Harkila Kodiaks for stalking since buying my first pair of 4WD pants.