Trousers

JGR

Hi all I need some new stalking trousers that are waterproof, warm and very durable. What would you recommend by past experience?

hi
sort of really depends on budget really use harkila pro hunters myself for stalking very happy with them but don't use them for anything else don't think they'd last long beating
best of luck

p.s don't think the perfect set of trousers has been made yet :-|

Have a look at the fjallraven range, they have some good stuff, its pricey but will last years and take whatever you can throw at it.

hi
sort of really depends on budget really use harkila pro hunters myself for stalking very happy with them but don't use them for anything else don't think they'd last long beating
best of luck

p.s don't think the perfect set of trousers has been made yet :-|

+1

Glendine.

Hi there I have been using Seeland keeper trousers which are the right balance of cost performance and comfort IMHO (they certainly beat the soggy years spent in issue DPM!)

The Country Covers Falkland Trousers are hard to beat. Their guarantee is impressive too as is the life expectancy of the garments. Buy British!

Hi there I have been using Seeland keeper trousers which are the right balance of cost performance and comfort IMHO (they certainly beat the soggy years spent in issue DPM!)

They have their shortcomings but I have to agree, I use them for work in wet weather as well.

atb Tim

I've got the Fjallraven Brenner pro trousers, lovely and warm. Also waterproof and can be further waterproofed with wax. I got them when the sporting lodge were doing a 30% off weekend

I tried a pair of Seeland keeper trousers some years ago. They were ok but didn't last long. Moved to the Deerhunter Huntsville leather fronted trouser`s. They took some stick but after a couple of hard seasons they were finished.
Next up were a pair of Harkila Kodiaks. Well finished, comfortable kept me dry and warm but they were expensive.
I wouldn't buy another pair even though they`ve lasted several seasons.
About 5 years ago I ordered a pair of 4WD swazi pants the wind stopper one`s. Best pair of stalking,hunting, digging trouser`s ive ever owned.
Though almost worn out now they were very comfortable, warm and water resistant. Easily washed and cleaned, fast drying.
I could`nt want for a better pair of hunting trousers. So it was an easy choice to go purchase another pair.
I have`nt worn the Harkila Kodiaks for stalking since buying my first pair of 4WD pants.

What were Country Covers/Arktis have now been re-branded as Fortis, they still are owned by the same folks and they still make wonderful clothing, so try the Falkland trousers. But I too have a fondness for Swazi clothing, remember though that the 4WD pants are not fully waterproof, so you pays your money and takes your chance.

S.

Maybe those that have inbuilt tick resistance - depending on where you are - see the other thread for details. Mine are rather less 'taxed' so I use tactree - reasonably price but not up to intensive stalking in wild conditions.

4WD swazi pants the wind stopper one`s. Best pair of stalking,hunting, digging trouser`s ive ever owned.
Though almost worn out now they were very comfortable, warm and water resistant. Easily washed and cleaned, fast drying.
I could`nt want for a better pair of hunting trousers.

I have these too, and I agree.

Arktis are good. But best value trousers I have ever had are Pinewood Himalaya from Amazon.

I have the Swazi wetbacks, great when in the UK , but too warm here in northland, what's all this talk about getting wet, a pair of shorts and the water only goes as far as your skin.

Cheers, didn't realise swazi 4wd pants aren't completely waterproof. I will check out the fortis

Yes. I now wear them all the time for everything. I think I bought 5 pairs for 18 quid each. Amazing value for Swedish kit. The Arktis are good as well and more robust, but they are 70 quid a pair. But they do have annoying side fastening. Put some Nikiwash on them initially as well.

Pinewood are lighter than Arktis and need some layering if not warm weather. Both appear breathable.

Was in Go outdoors last week and saw a set of Pro logic waterproof fishing trousers. They loooked to me as an ideal stalking trouser and appeared v well made and at £50 a pair looked well worth a punt. Nice lovet colour although cammo are available.

D

Back