Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyme disease can be passed on sexually

It is very likely.

i know 2 people who contracted Lyme disease and it is thought that it was contracted sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    It is very likely.i know 2 people who contracted Lyme disease and it is thought that it was contracted sexually.
    When I got bit by an infected tick, it certainly F+++d me so I suppose it can be transmitted sexually
    I was lucky that the Dr knew a bit about Lymes disease and treated me straight away but I wasn't clear for almost a year and even now, after several years, I have regular blood tests.
    It certainly affected my immune system, as from then on, I have had nearly everything going.

Don't believe all the s*** you read. Until dr's prove it its a load of balls.
    Im medically trained and some people believe some right crap!

Transmission across the placenta during pregnancy has not been demonstrated, and no consistent pattern of teratogenicity or specific "congenital Lyme borreliosis" has been identified. As with a number of other spirochetal diseases, adverse pregnancy outcomes are possible with untreated infection; prompt treatment with antibiotics reduces or eliminates this risk.[55][56]

good old wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by nick.308 View Post
    Don't believe all the s*** you read. Until dr's prove it its a load of balls. Im medically trained and some people believe some right crap!
    And when they do get round to proving it, they realise it has been so for years ;-)
    Mind you, in recent years Dr's have proved that Cheese is bad for you, cream is bad for you, eggs are bad for you etc etc, then next week they find they have been wrong all along !!
    So I reckon it's up to the individual to believe what ever they feel comfortable with.

My daughter, then 5 years old got bitten by a tick on Exmoor; lucky I'd read a book a couples of years before called the 'Travellers health Guide', so was ready and watching for the accompanying rash that appeared about ten days later. This rash is often bulls-eye shaped and very prominent in US strains of the disease, but in her case was a faint ring with no central mark at all, apparently this is quite common with the UK strains. Some times there is no rash at all.

Lucky I spotted it; we got her treated right away, but because she was under 8 years old, they could only give her a 14 day course of amoxicillin which not the best treatment, apparently deoxycyclin (which works better), can only be used in those older than 8.

To this day she suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome and depression, both hallmarks of some some UK strains of Lyme, Last winter she lost 1/4 of her body weight and was noticeably jaundiced. I attribute this to the treatment she had not being fully successful, and the paediatric consultant she saw agrees they may be a link, although it is too late now to do anything about the Lyme, as it becomes more difficult to deal with if not caught early.

Lyme is a serious problem and I personally DON'T believe the level of awareness in the general population (as opposed to the stalking community) is high enough . . .
    Last edited by adriandavidb; 05-10-2015 at 19:03.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandavidb View Post
    Lyme is a serious problem and I personally do believe the level of awareness in the general population (as opposed to the stalking community) is high enough . . .
    I'm not sure you meant that.

You're right; will edit; thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nick.308 View Post
    Don't believe all the s*** you read. Until dr's prove it its a load of balls.
    Im medically trained and some people believe some right crap!
    Medically trained that could be anything from Magic sponge man in the southern league to Dr Christian Barnard where do you stand in that range.How many times have you read on here about people going to see a doctor feeling unwell and being stalkers suggest lymes disease to them but the doctor not agreeing until months later by which time they are in trouble.Some of the worst offenders are nurses and military medics they all think they are almost neurosurgeons