Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Selling a moderator on ticket to a different caliber ?

  1. #1

    Selling a moderator on ticket to a different caliber ?

    I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with. I have a T8 moderator on my ticket its up to .30 cal but it came with a 22-250 so its on my ticket as 22-250 unknown (as no serial number) moderator. Lets say I put it up for sale and someone with a .270 wants it. So the moderator is up to .30 cal so is suitable for the .270. Firstly can I sell it him and secondly how would I enter it on his ticket? as its on mine as 22-250 am I aloud to put it on his slot for a .270 moderator? Cheers Shaun

  2. #2
    If he has a 270 mod. slot he can buy it..same as buying a mod. up to 6.5 for a 223 or similar..... however you cannot do it the same way with non FAC rated .22/17 hmr mods as they are not rimfire proofed....on point 1 your disposal note to Police should state your .22-250 usage.Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cervus View Post
    If he has a 270 mod. slot he can buy it..same as buying a mod. up to 6.5 for a 223 or similar..... however you cannot do it the same way with non FAC rated .22/17 hmr mods as they are not rimfire proofed....on point 1 your disposal note to Police should state your .22-250 usage.Hope that helps.
    so I put on my fom i sold 22-250 mod and enter it on his as .270 mod

  4. #4
    I bought a 30 cal mod and entered it on ticket as 243, no problem. However, the calibre isn't stamped on it anywhere so on my renewal form I simply described it as "fullbore sound moderator for use on the above-mentioned 243 rifle".

  5. #5
    no mods have calibre limits other than those bigger than the hole!!

    insist that it is not listed as calibre specific so it can be used on more than one rifle and gives you freedom to sell it to who you please!

  6. #6
    If his authorisation is for a mod for his 270, i say this rather then a 270 mod because mods cannot be calibre specific, that would mean them having the same bore diametre as the rifle, enter it onto his FAC as a Centrefire Moderator.

    Ian.

  7. #7

    Thumbs up spot on

    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    no mods have calibre limits other than those bigger than the hole!!

    insist that it is not listed as calibre specific so it can be used on more than one rifle and gives you freedom to sell it to who you please!
    SPOT ON !!! FAC JUST needs say ''UNDER CALIBRE'' R/F (rimfire) SOUND MODERATOR AND OR C/F (Centrefire ) Sound moderator '' End of easy''

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ERIC View Post
    SPOT ON !!! FAC JUST needs say ''UNDER CALIBRE'' R/F (rimfire) SOUND MODERATOR AND OR C/F (Centrefire ) Sound moderator '' End of easy''
    The OP is in exactly the same position as myself. I have a .30 cal Northstar on my ticket filling a .243 mod slot. I want to sell this like the OP. Are you suggesting we can sell our mods to people with slots for say .270 or 30 cal ? Our mods are already listed calibre specific. Are you saying we can just write in CF moderator ?

  9. #9
    If I was doing so I would want written confirmation from my licensing department that it was in order. As an FAC holder it is our responsibility to ensure that the person to whom we are selling has the appropriate authority to acquire what we are selling.

    How can authority to acquire a .270 be considered authority to acquire a 22.250.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
    If I was doing so I would want written confirmation from my licensing department that it was in order. As an FAC holder it is our responsibility to ensure that the person to whom we are selling has the appropriate authority to acquire what we are selling.

    How can authority to acquire a .270 be considered authority to acquire a 22.250.
    Because there is no such thing as a .270 or 22.250 Moderator.
    There are Moderators suitable for use on the above calibres, aka .30 or above but that is all. You can acquire and choose to use a smaller moderator but it isn't wise. You can acquire and use a .50 but it won't be as quiet.

    One moderator can be used on multiple rifles if you have your conditions in order. You just have to write it out for your FEO to have them put the same words on your FAC.

    I think a lot of people get too specific on what they ask for, after all a slot for a moderator can allow you to get a rifle after a 141.

    Stan

Similar Threads

  1. Selling a moderator
    By otisthedog in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 14-07-2013, 21:19
  2. Buying/selling moderators off ticket
    By JAYB in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-08-2012, 11:58
  3. *SOLD* 17 hmr prooed off ticket moderator
    By bobjs in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 11:58
  4. Any way i can have more than one moderator per rifle on ticket ?
    By Bill Wapiti in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 11:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •