Bino's

Hello to all
Im a relative newby to stalking & am slowly building up my stalking equipment.
Im looking to buy a good set of Bino's & as much as I'd love a Gucci set of all singing/dancing range finding glasses that's just not going to happen soon!
Can anyone recommend a good pair for deer spotting, probably up to the value of £300, I'd like a reliable pair & would consider a used pair.
Any advice appreciated.
BW
Craig.

another vote from me for Minox. I have the BV 8 x 42 model and cost me £120 from the Sportsman Centre. I am very happy with the BVs. regards SBM

I believe Mcloads of Tain are very good.
If I were starting again I think I would (that's a lot of I's) look at second hand Swarovski 7 or 8x.
If you get 10 year old set they will still have 10-20 years warrenty depending on model chosen.

Good luck.

Craig, I just bought a pair of Nikon Monarch 7 8x42. They are brilliant and I got them for £289 new. Great twilight factor and really are good in low light. Very good spec for the money and includes ED glass. Wide field of view, 420 feet at 1000 yards. Having compared them with Vortex viper HD 8x42 and both myself and my friend agreed the Nikons were better and performed better at low light. The best bit for me (worst for him) is that I paid over £180 less for the Nikons.

Here's a link: Nikon Binocular 8x42 Monarch 7

Or as suggested buy Swaros 2nd hand due to long warranty and outstanding quality.

Last edited:
Hi

If I were starting out again I would certainly be looking at the Minox range. One of the Minox models gives a 30yr warranty over the others 10.

Trying a bit of 'elec-trickery' - Binoculars reviews - AllBinos.com provides (in my opinion) good information.

Cheers, L

Back