Thread: Bedding a 455 action

Bedding a 455 action

I have a new CZ 455 .22 rimfire, it shoots great, but would I see any more improvement if I had the stock bedded?

possibly - you would need a micrometer to measure it though. If it works don't mess with it - simple rule with all mechanical things.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    possibly - you would need a micrometer to measure it though. If it works don't mess with it - simple rule with all mechanical things.
    Seconded,

Seen a cz stock that had been done and the rifle did not gain anything in accuracy and it did nothing to help him sell it,

That bloke was..... Me,

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

It would keep the action nice and tight in the stock tho so not a total waste

There is more inconsistentcy in rimfire ammo then you would gain from bedding the stock, like the lads above said, don't bother mate.

I worried about this for a bit. Mine is such that if you fully tighten all the action screws, the barrel comes to rest against the stock at the front end of the channel (ie. it is no longer free floating).

I had read all the guff about what a disaster was for accuracy, and started looking into getting it bedded etc etc.

And then a wise and sensible friend (poster No. 2 above) said 'shoot the damn thing and see'. I did. And even with a trigger like a bag of rocks, it's very hard to fault the grouping. The gain from doing anything to it would be almost unmeasurable.

So I stopped worrying and saved pennies (which I of course wasted obsessing about other marginal improvments on other rifles... but that's another story!).

Quote Originally Posted by courser View Post
    I have a new CZ 455 .22 rimfire, it shoots great, but would I see any more improvement if I had the stock bedded?

shoot it more with better "rifle matched" ammo...
    it'll be cheaper and more useful

I'd bed a good woman,,,but a CZ, never.....although, mausers are pretty sexy

There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

I would not bother but they are easier to bed then the 452.

Ian.