Bedding a 455 action

courser

I have a new CZ 455 .22 rimfire, it shoots great, but would I see any more improvement if I had the stock bedded?

possibly - you would need a micrometer to measure it though. If it works don't mess with it - simple rule with all mechanical things.

possibly - you would need a micrometer to measure it though. If it works don't mess with it - simple rule with all mechanical things.

Seconded,

Seen a cz stock that had been done and the rifle did not gain anything in accuracy and it did nothing to help him sell it,

That bloke was..... Me,

Bob

There is more inconsistentcy in rimfire ammo then you would gain from bedding the stock, like the lads above said, don't bother mate.

I worried about this for a bit. Mine is such that if you fully tighten all the action screws, the barrel comes to rest against the stock at the front end of the channel (ie. it is no longer free floating).

I had read all the guff about what a disaster was for accuracy, and started looking into getting it bedded etc etc.

And then a wise and sensible friend (poster No. 2 above) said 'shoot the damn thing and see'. I did. And even with a trigger like a bag of rocks, it's very hard to fault the grouping. The gain from doing anything to it would be almost unmeasurable.

So I stopped worrying and saved pennies (which I of course wasted obsessing about other marginal improvments on other rifles... but that's another story!).

Back