Thread: Old shotgun expert needed!

Old shotgun expert needed!

Hello chaps, I recently acquired a liege side by side 12g. Problem is I know nothing about it except it is Belgium made. Not sure if it's worth anything? So maybe you knowledgeable chaps can help, I'll post up some pics.

many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion".Alexander The Great

Hiya, Send Wabbitbosher aka Mick Volkes on PW a wee message, what he does'nt know, aint worth knowing about...

Belgian guns are well made, but being a standard boxlock (is it ejector?) it's probably nothing 'special' so to speak..nothing on the barrels?

There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

You can Google proof marks which should give you the date. It looks typical of the Belgian made guns that were imported here in quite large numbers many years ago. They were fairly basic but very reliable. I had a couple as a lad and still have a "Belgian" folding fourteen.
    Many farmers had them and they usually had pitted barrels due to the cleaning regime (or lack of!)

Nope not ejector, yeah it has made in Belgium down the rib and tested for smokeless powder down the side.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion".Alexander The Great

Cheers for the quick response chaps, apparently the letter marks the date, a "d" states 1923.