Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ratchet straps.

  1. #1

    Ratchet straps.

    Where's the best place to get ratchet straps for tying down high seats? And what dimensions to go for?

  2. #2
    I bought ten off fleabay. 25.95 800kg. Strong enough to do the job, cheap enough that if vandalised or stolen you don't burst into tears. Are these for guy ropes or lashing lean to to tree. Guy ropes fence wire and tensioner does a better job.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    I bought ten off fleabay. 25.95 800kg. Strong enough to do the job, cheap enough that if vandalised or stolen you don't burst into tears. Are these for guy ropes or lashing lean to to tree. Guy ropes fence wire and tensioner does a better job.
    Thanks Jimbo,

    they are for going round the back of the tree basically. Is 25mm ok, or would I need 50mm? Been looking at them on e bay.

  4. #4
    I use these to great effect. Remember they are to hold the seat against the tree. They do not carry weight. Two inch is stiffer so not got the same bite and infinitely more attractive to the "I'll have that brigade." If you know any off the telecom cable boys ask if they have any rope kicking about. The stuff they pull the cable through the ducting with. They usually bin it after one or two uses. Last thing you need is a rope breaking when the cable is half way down the hole. It too is good lashing.

  5. #5
    I have been using chain with a barrel tensioner then a padlock in the end links, does the job very well, cant be cut or stolen
    Walk little- look often .

  6. #6
    Lay-bys, if you're lucky you'll get a ratchet and a decent length of strap, or try your local agricultural supplies, I got some rated at 1 ton for 3.50 each

  7. #7
    Don't forget a chain and padlock

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland stalker View Post
    I have been using chain with a barrel tensioner then a padlock in the end links, does the job very well, cant be cut or stolen
    This is a good technique and one that I have uses several times.

    Be careful with the thinner rachet straps degrading in the sun quite quickly.

  9. #9
    I've ordered a set of 4 x 25mm straps off ebay, I'll see what they're like!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Be careful with the thinner rachet straps degrading in the sun quite quickly.
    I had this with with some cheap ones that I picked up, not quite the bargain they seemed

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* LockDown X Binocular Straps/case
    By bosun in forum Optics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 22:15
  2. Aldi Rope Ratchet
    By Harry mac in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-04-2014, 20:45
  3. Aldi Rope Ratchet
    By pendle in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 16:18
  4. Roe sack straps!
    By Monkey Spanker in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-06-2013, 08:01
  5. Wanted a drag bag with sholder straps
    By Trufflehunting in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 05:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •