Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AW Questions

AW Questions

Hi All,

As I am looking to take on some ground or a syndicateplace, I have to get my DSC2.
    I am quite happy and confident with all the stalking,gralloching, but wondered what questions the AW will ask me?

Is there a list ofquestions I can expect to be asked? I donít expect I will have any problems,but seeing as this is going to cost a bit it would be amiss not to check.

Thanks in advance

Everything they have to cover is in the Level 2 documents. I'll try and find them.

Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    Hi All,

As I am looking to take on some ground or a syndicateplace, I have to get my DSC2.
    I am quite happy and confident with all the stalking,gralloching, but wondered what questions the AW will ask me?

Is there a list ofquestions I can expect to be asked? I don’t expect I will have any problems,but seeing as this is going to cost a bit it would be amiss not to check.

Thanks in advance
    Have a read of this - DMQ - FAQ about DSC1 amp DSC2 Once you have registered, you will get a list of AW's. Pick one and then ask him/her any further questions.

Regards

JCS

Thanks JCS, I have read the DMQ bumff, and have registered.

I just thought that Imay be able to get an insight from those that have completed the Level 2 onhere rather than pester the AW that will assess me.

arbjob, have a look on the DMQ website. I would but my work computer is too slow to check all the downloads. I found a whole load of questions from it when I done mine and printed them on to stickers that could be peeled off and put in the portfoilio if the AW so wished. It was far from exhaustive but will give you a good idea of what's required although I doubt there will be any surprises?
    Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 07-10-2015 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    ..but wondered what questions the AW will ask me?

Is there a list of questions I can expect to be asked? ...
    From page 20 onwards in this .pdf - http://www.dmq.org.uk/downloads/Appr...May%202012.pdf

Regards

JCS

I had a somewhat protracted DSC2, due to contracting Lymes disease in the middle of it and as a result had three different AWs over the piece.

Fundamentally what they were all looking for was a deep level of competence, understanding and knowledge of deer management, biology, welfare and in particular their stalking, shooting and then processing of the carcass. Its not so much a question of swatting up for a test to give a few answers as that is unlikely to show competence. Besides you will get the same question asked from many different angles. And in many cases there is no correct / incorrect way of doing something - its a question of the fundamentals.