Drag Bags

Max

Hello folks

Do any of you use drag bags or that type for transporting your "weapon" to and from a range or when travelling to/from a stalk.

Im not a "wanna be sniper" but need something well padded and with room for bits and bobs.

The one that Border barrels have on there site looks good but....................

Any help welcome, what you use or have seen or just your HO

Thanks

Max

I had oportunity to have look at a Border barrels drag bag, belonging to Lee from that company, I thought it was well thought out, but with anything of quality a little on the pricey side for me, Arktis do a reasonable one too, but If I were allowed a free choice, I would choose one of those on offer at the gamefairs, think it was trademarked target?, most drag bags are available in black or olive drab too, . Steve.

I use a mil spec drag bag that is similar to the arktis version, brilliant piece of kit, i would recomend them

steve

They can be noisy if dragged over heather, the one I've got sits too low on your back and your heals hit the muzzle when you're walking[I'm not a short arse either, before someone comments!!]

Good enough idea but I was disapointed

david
jake and i both use a drag bag plenty of room for scope and mod
lots of pockets for bits and pieces .
seen the one from border that lee does nice piece of kit as finn says
maybe a bit pricey for some but not for you mate:D
your only problem will be deciding which rifle to put in it :lol::lol:

ATB PETE .

I use an Arktis Drag bag from Country covers. I like it because all I have to do is put the rifle and ammo in and Im set to go. Be it targets or deer. Its very well padded and the straps hold the rifle right where you want it.

Is it expensive? £100 to protect a £1000 of rifle (or whatever it cost)

Big thumbs up from me.

Sam

P.S Haggle a bit at the end of a game fair, I got mine for £50

Some of the lads at the range i go to have Aim drag bags not cheap but they look well made .
Need to have a better look at them for when i get a straight pull AR for range use.

I have one of the British forces issued ones, it's fine for protecting the rifle going down the range but the main pockets are velcro fastened with gaps in the corners so I wouldn't trust them for securing anything of value if dragging it through the bondu. I got mine free so I'm happy to live with it's faults.
Another problem is that it is a bit tight at the muzzle end to get the rifle in with the moderator fitted, it ended up shredding the ends of the neoprene mod cover. It doesn't open all the way down its length so you have no choice but to push the rifle in.

Thanks folks for all your help and input.

I am going for the Aim bag, its just for transporting the weapon not for taking out stalking.

Pete:
I looked for a multiple bag as I have "so many guns" :D:)

MS:
For that sort of money I would expect a fully trained GWP with it :lol::lol:

Thanks again

Max

Thanks folks for all your help and input.

I am going for the Aim bag, its just for transporting the weapon not for taking out stalking.

Pete:
I looked for a multiple bag as I have "so many guns" :D:)

MS:
For that sort of money I would expect a fully trained GWP with it :lol::lol:

Thanks again

Max

Max, the term weapon is incorrect usage, We are actively trying to discourage its use. The anti's use it to discribe a rifle. A rifle is a tool used for stalking, target shooting, A weapon is an impliment designed for use in a conflict. On such things debates are won or lost,
peace
Jim

No. Correct usage.

"A weapon is a tool used to apply force for the purpose of causing harm or damage to persons, animals or structures. Weapons are used in hunting, attack, self-defense, or defense in combat"

Have you forgotten that most peoples rifles are based on military actions and/or calibre

I think that a knife is a tool. A tool for chopping vegtables, gralloching, or stabbing people. Its still a tool. I dont think we should not use a word because other people use with negative conatations.

Sam.

Last edited:
Before we start of on an epic 35 page debate on word useage.

I think all Jim was saying was that certain words do portray certain images[probably down to cinema and computer games]

It is thought that military type language [or even American] should be avoided when discussing shooting/fieldsports.

I don't have a problem with this but as this is a public forum maybe we should watch the terms we use????

I'm probably posing a question here rather than giving an answer??????????

Maybe we should refer to, a " firearms " drag bag?, it's good enough for the licensing bods?.......don't see why we should all be pussyfooting round the types who want to see our sport consigned to the history books,should we all have to creep around like we should be ashamed ?.......it's not for me, a boomstick is a rifle, is a weapon, is a gun, is a tool for making holes in stuff animate or otherwise.

WEAPON ....a object used in fighting , anything to get the better of an opponent .

collins dictionary ..

S'pose you could say crossing that final few yards of a stalk with a projectile launched from a weapon as, "getting the better of your opponent":D

Steve here is a you tube clip
The number on the end is in Winsford if i remember correct,he also is the importer of
sightron scopes. So not so far from home if you wanted to go look see.

Back