Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamedealer deduction for 'excess fat'

Gamedealer deduction for 'excess fat'

Does your gamie deduct any poundage from cleanly shot pre-rut bucks or stags on this basis?
    Last edited by Boghossian; 08-10-2015 at 10:28.

Sounds like a chiseler to me.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sometimes but only if very excessive, remember the fat is waste as far as they are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian View Post
    Does your gamie deducts any poundage from cleanly shot pre-rut bucks or stags on this basis?
    No, but if yours does ask, them if they will pay more after the rut.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian View Post
    Does your gamie deducts any poundage from cleanly shot pre-rut bucks or stags on this basis?
    Had the same thing on a 66.5 kg early Fallow Buck!! I had a job to go to so went early with the caucus and got this bull blocks about pre rut fat blah blah.
    Two factors - I had to be on site right after dropping it off and with my chillier I had a friend help me lift it in on the hook ( easy to get it off but at that weight impossible to get back on my own)

If I was not going to the job I would have tipped his price bo locks took it home and skinned it out....

Shot in the neck at 90 yards, cleanest beast I have ever seen,

I was @@@@ed over, not happy!! so I have a sorced other potential buyers as It pissed me right off....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

It's only "Waste" when it gets to the end user.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    It's only "Waste" when it gets to the end user.
    Not really if its excessive fat along the back and back passage then its stripped out before processing,in the larder we always stripped out excess fat( before it went to the dealer) especially from around the back passage as it tends to hinder cooling of the carcase
    I am talking excess fat here not a little but maybe a kg or more on an early season stag,

Depends really how much the OP was docked up to a couple of KGs fair enough much more and they are extracting the proverbial.

Should have kept a tub as lubricant for your bolt lugs.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Never had this happen to me, but then there is another dealer 10 mins down the road.

My my understanding is that venison is a lean meat, hence the need to add fat to burger and sausage mixes. Is it not possible to put the carcass fat into this mix, or is it the wrong kind of fat?