Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Ear Defender Repair.

Electronic Ear Defender Repair.

Does anyone know where you can get Electronic Ear Defenders checked and repaired please. Mine never worked properly and were returned twice but by now they must be well out of warranty (c. 5 years old) and I could do with getting them independently checked and possibly repaired or I will have to buy a new pair.

If I do need to get new ones, what are people recommending these days? I was always a big fan of Peltor, and I know a lot of people like them, but these last ones were nothing but trouble.

Rechargeable from the car would be good.

Thanks,
    Glyn.

No idea about repairs but I use either a cheap pair of slimline Peltors for shotgun shooting & walking with rifle & for prolonged rifle use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X. They are very good but I find that I can't use them for quick mounting without clattering them off the stock.

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X Hunting headset | £155.00 | 75302-X

Deben also sell a relabelled version of the MSA defenders but there doesn't seem to be a price advantage so I stuck with the original manufacturer.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 15-10-2015 at 04:15.

MSA sordin are fantastic and really tough highly recommended wish I had protected my hearing years ago as I now suffer from tinnitus and it seems to be getting worse lately.....sorry but this probably does not really help the OP and his question re rapair, or does it ? your hearing is priceless get the sordin......
    Last edited by dlz90; 09-10-2015 at 22:55.

Another vote here for the sordin
    bought the pro x version with gel pads couple of months Ago mainly for clays
    but to use game shooting as well
    very comfortable and easy to use the amplifier works great
    5 year gaurantee very impressed with these

Regards pete

Looking like MSA Sordin is the way forward. I like the sound of the five year warranty too. Thanks for the advice.

I can save you some money, my Peltors recently died and I researched what I should replace them with.
    Have a look at this, I find them excellent:
    Howard Leight by Honeywell, Impact Sport Electronic Folding Earmuff. Around 45 online.

• Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

My MSA Sordin Suprem Pro X have outlasted any of my friends "better value" variants. They're very well made and I'm only on my second set of batteries 7 years on. Their "over 600 hour battery life" is very conservative I'd say.

I've found a lot of the Peltor stuff is now copies coming in via Aliexpress.

I got these from Toolstation and they are great for rifle shooting and only cost 19.22 for electronic muffs and they work.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p83831

I used the Peltor Sportac for many years, still have them. Bought a pair of the Sordin and found them uncomfortable. I've got bloody great big lugs and the peltors sit low on my head. This is not to bad when useing a standard rifle or shotgun stock. I've had an adjustable comb fitted on the rifle and this tend to lift the peltors away from my ear. So I've bought a pair of custom moulded in the ear electronic plugs. Expensive but bloody brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    I used the Peltor Sportac for many years, still have them. Bought a pair of the Sordin and found them uncomfortable. I've got bloody great big lugs and the peltors sit low on my head. This is not to bad when useing a standard rifle or shotgun stock. I've had an adjustable comb fitted on the rifle and this tend to lift the peltors away from my ear.
    So I've bought a pair of custom moulded in the ear electronic plugs. Expensive but bloody brilliant

The way forward for me when funds allow.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!