Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Harkila boots

  1. #1

    Harkila boots

    Hi everyone!
    looking for some opinions on the Harkila Pro Hunter GTX 12.
    looking at getting a pair, look good and seen a few good reviews on them.

  2. #2
    Wouldn't ever have harkila footwear again, clothes yes, boots never. Leaked like a sieve within less than a year. Look elsewhere for a company that specialise in boots and nothing else, lowa, altberg etc, I would say meindl but they're leather isn't what it used to be anymore
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

  3. #3
    I have the gortex 12"'s and I find them to be excellent - I have also just ordered a new pair of the 7.5" gtx pro's after my last pair wore out (wearing them near enough day in day out for 2 years). I looked after them and waterproofed them regularly with the Harkila gunk.

    I know I am firmly in the minority but can honestly say that I haven't had more comfortable boots ever
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  4. #4
    fair difference in opinions on the boots.

    do you have a link or anything for the gortex 12"'s?

  5. #5
    A friend who hires a few stables at my fathers place, has them for a few years. He doesn't shoot but uses them for the horses. Wet gras, mud, ..... He's very pleased with them. No leaking and the most comfy boots he ever owned. At least that's what he says.
    I would prefer the Mountain hunt flex 10". I don't like stiff boots.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by J0RD4N View Post
    fair difference in opinions on the boots.

    do you have a link or anything for the gortex 12"'s?
    apologies - the ones I have are 10" with Kevlar

    Pro Hunter GTX® 10″ Armortex® Kevlar® | Härkila

    Shop around - I got mine for just over 200
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    A friend who hires a few stables at my fathers place, has them for a few years. He doesn't shoot but uses them for the horses. Wet gras, mud, ..... He's very pleased with them. No leaking and the most comfy boots he ever owned. At least that's what he says.
    I would prefer the Mountain hunt flex 10". I don't like stiff boots.
    Thanks for that, its a stiff sort of boot I'm after. need a bit of support for my ankle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    apologies - the ones I have are 10" with Kevlar


    Pro Hunter GTX® 10€ Armortex® Kevlar® | Härkila


    Shop around - I got mine for just over 200

    Cheers for that, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

  8. #8
    The Kevlar 10"'s are solid and provide good ankle aupport
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  9. #9
    ok, thanks for the info, think i might go for a set of the 10s then.

    have you ever tried the seeland or pinewood clothes?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by J0RD4N View Post
    ok, thanks for the info, think i might go for a set of the 10s then.

    have you ever tried the seeland or pinewood clothes?
    If you do go for the Harkila's (others will be along to tell you not to!) make sure you get the little bottle of waterproofer for occasional application.

    Seeland clothing is is good and reasonably priced however, noticing that you're out on Lewis would, I think, qualify you for the Prohunter jacket at least!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Harkila Boots
    By MartinB in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-09-2015, 14:18
  2. For Sale Harkila boots
    By white van man in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-04-2015, 10:33
  3. Harkila Boots
    By Smudger1961 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 21:36
  4. harkila boots
    By the scudd in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 14-01-2014, 18:55
  5. For Sale harkila boots
    By wise man in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 19:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •