Thread: home made night vision

home made night vision

Does anyone have any experience of home made night vision. Would be used on rabbits with 22 rf at short range. Thanks Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom270 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of home made night vision. Would be used on rabbits with 22 rf at short range. Thanks Tom
    Hi Tom,

nightvisionforumuk.com its all there with all you need to know about homemade nightvision.

regards Neil.

Yup as said nightvisionforum
    If your ok with a soldering iron & basic electrics ( not me its voodoo) you can build one .

I have one made by the master on there and I can see clearly to 230yds and eye shine out to 400yds but not ID it ... Used for rabbits but also used on my centre fire for foxes before I bought a drone pro .

Paul

My idea of home made night vision would be eating a bag of carrots!

Yeah I built one but since dismantled it as I would like to make it easier to use and found my original mounting system to be a pain in the rear end.

What at do you want to know?

Its quite simple really, all the components you need to see in the dark are a camera which is really sensitive to lux levels down to 0.01 or thereabouts, a decent lens, a screen and a good IR. the build a mounting system, have the camera look through the scope and focus, shine the if in the right place and feed the image to a screen.

My build will happily let me see and ID out to around 350yrds, shoot to 200yrds+ but is clunky and unnatural feeling to use. For what it's worth I use a watec 902-? Camera and a NM-800 IR, hth.