Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Know I can see them....

Know I can see them....

I have managed a couple of Muntjac and a fox from this position last year, however the cover grew over time making it next to impossible to get a shot.
    Also there was quite a lot of work being carried out in the wood so l let it be for a good while, we were lamping in the area 2 nights ago and noticed the ground was pulled up, the edge of the wood flailed and the cover crop was the same side as my high seat!!

With the last few pheasant's scurrying across the open ground for there roost, the rabbits and hares started to emerge from the wood. Half an hour and it will be all over was what I was muttering under my breath.

The movement of a hare caught my eye for a second or two which was enough time for the Buck to make his entrance out of the wood on to the flailed grass track, a sharp bark brought him to a halt and the round was on its way....
    With the noise rattling the wood a doe ran out of the wood past her fallen mate only to run back and stop for a second as gave her an "OI"
    For the second time in only a few seconds the wood was echoing from my rifle...

The 110 yard walk was very nice to the edge of the wood, dragging the pair 200 yard back to the truck took a little more effort.....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Nice one Tim,

they will make great eating,

keep em coming mate,

atb

kjf

A nice wee brace to end the day Tim. ......well done

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Nice one Tim,

they will make great eating,

keep em coming mate,

atb

kjf
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    A nice wee brace to end the day Tim. ......well done

Scott
    Thank you, what is great is Dad and my spaniel come out for a look after I get the front gate shut and the tailgate open lol

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Thank you, what is great is Dad and my spaniel come out for a look after I get the front gate shut and the tailgate open lol

Tim
    lol nice one, dad and the dog know there's good grub coming lol,( after your hard work lol)

atb

kjf

I usually say nice One but a brace is even better Tim.243 Great Pictures and great to have your Da and wee furball there at the end to see how good you done.
    Get the dinner ready for them did you? Hope so..

Well done I have never shot muntjac but hopefully tomorrow I might I'm on some new ground i have just got on so who knows i might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    I usually say nice One but a brace is even better Tim.243 Great Pictures and great to have your Da and wee furball there at the end to see how good you done.
    Get the dinner ready for them did you? Hope so..
    Thank you, Dad is not very mobile at the moment, how ever the furball is making up the rest very well.
    The pup has it sussed out, I cook for Dad, and feed the pup, Dad cuts up extra bits for the pup while I an out shooting!! lol

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by big eka View Post
    Well done I have never shot muntjac but hopefully tomorrow I might I'm on some new ground i have just got on so who knows i might get lucky
    Thank you, they might run under the feet of your Reds lol

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    Well done Tim.
    Ta Andy

Tim.243