Who owns it? How to find out

User00004

I am trying to find out who owns a couple of woods near where I live, I always see Roe on the boundry as I go to work, is there somewhere online that you can look up ownership of ground/wood etc?

Cheers

TJ

Hi Stu,

As far as I know the only way is on the Land Registry site.

Have you tried any local land agents? That may be the best way or just to ask anyone local to them.

Good luck!

Michelle

the above website is very good....although you now need to subscribe to get full details, whereas before it was free.

Looking at your location it says Inverness, I am originally from Inverness and know many keepers and stalkers from around there, would you like to say the whereabouts of the woods in question?

If you know the postcode or one close to it go to the landregistery site and they have a map search tool for houses( and a persume land as well??). You can then pay a few quid and get the office copies of the land registery docs. Or you could ask a friendly Solicitor to use their search system. I am a property developer, for my sins and have used this method to find owner of old properties I have wanted to buy. If you can find the parcel numbers I can see why it will nt work for land.
Simon

Tartinjock

I'm from Inverness and I work for a land agent....and I'm a forester! PM me a grid reference and I will try to help.

Regards

A lot of that land will be owned by cawdor estates. If you give me a GR i can check on the registry at work...no promises though!

Back