ghille needed?

monarman

Could i ask you good folks to keep your ears open as to wether any estates are looking for an experienced ghillie for this coming season?......and if you hear of anything at all could you possibly pm me and let me know about?

I would be most grateful!

cheers

SteveM (ghillie/stalker/gamekeeper/allround top bloke)

I will also keep my ear to the ground.

It may help if you gave a quick run down on experience and licenses held.

Are you willing to travel to take on a position?

A quick rundown then.......

Done two seasons on East Monar estate up the top end of glen Strathfarrar as Ghillie/understalker. We used four Garrons (ponies) for primary extraction and one area had access for the argo. The hill is accessed by boat, and my main duties was as 'walking ghillie' and i had the not so enviable task of dragging the beast to the awaiting ponies aswell as sometimes acting as second stalker if needed, I also assisted with the ponies. The larder work was done by myself and the headstalker and i also carried out other work on the estate as necessary. Been stalking 15 years, I have all the relevant firearms certification, quad cert (lantra), dmq 1&2, Holywell cert in deer management, RYA powerboat level 1, trained in off road driving....and couple of others not necasserily relevant to this job but handy none the less.
In between the two seasons at Monar i was a lowground keeper on Faque estate in aberdeenshire (mistake).

hope this gives you a wee bit of insight!....if you need to ask about work at East Monar look up ghillie on here, he also ghillied there a few years ago.

cheers

SteveM

Back