Has my scope / Mounts died?

FennerJ

Hi

I am going through the journey of starting out and learning lots of lessons on the way...

I have been out stalking today and noticed all of the sudden I can see the end of my barrels/mod through the scope.
It has never been like this either at the range/or in the field and just happened today.
I have read this is common on low mag.

Any suggestions? , i've checked mounts all tight.

Scope Leupold VXR 3-9x40
rifle tikka t3

Cheers
J
J

Hi

I am going through the journey of starting out and learning lots of lessons on the way...

I have been out stalking today and noticed all of the sudden I can see the end of my barrels/mod through the scope.
It has never been like this either at the range/or in the field and just happened today.
I have read this is common on low mag.

Any suggestions? , i've checked mounts all tight.

Scope Leupold VXR 3-9x40
rifle tikka t3

Cheers
J
J

Hi and welcome

Please post a picture of the rifle side on.

K

It's probably always been like that but you've never noticed until you've used it a few times, I have the same thing with the atec mod on my blaser. The scope is mounted very low on mine but it shoots sub moa. If yours is shooting straight still I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really annoying you

I can see my iron sight through the scope at low mag as well. As have been said, if it shoots straight i wouldn't worry.

Possibly, I have never noticed it up the range before.
Funny you mention I have a Atec mod on the rifle, I will put some rounds through it this week and see how its shooting.

I have an old Nickel Marburg 1-4 x20 scope. on 1 to 2 power there is black semi circle covering the bottom of the sight picture so that you can't see the foresight and barrel.

Back