Thread: has anyone hunted in russia?

has anyone hunted in russia?

just wondering whats its like getting firearms into the country?

Yes and It can be done providing you go through the right channels, However I am in a different boat to most as I drove, so crossed by land and not air.

What was the hunting like over there? What a road trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
    What was the hunting like over there? What a road trip!!!
    So in the past few years I have done a fair few road trips round Europe and Russia, normaly stopping in Bavaria, Poland, Lithuania, Russia then back through Ukraine, Slovakia, Austria Babaria etc.
    Most have been combination trips of Fishing, Writting, Hunting and Ive loved every minute of it.
    Hunting in the most has been exelent, but as they say the grass is always greener! I am always happy when I get home to my Brittish hunting and fishing.

Sounds amazing!! Something I'd love to do! I've been hunting in Hungary, Germany and Spain so far and have had very good results in each country, but it's always interesting to hear what it's like elsewhere!!

Alex ,ref your trips in Europe is it difficult to obtain firearm certificate?

has anyone hunted in russia?

Hi Jo Bloggs,

It wasn't particularly difficult at all, your local firearms department will give you a European FAC for free if you already have a UK one. This will allow you to fly or drive to your hunting destination within Europe whilst carrying a rifle.

The place you shoot should arrange a temporary hunting pass for you for a couple of euros. All they need is a copy of your passport, insurance documents and a copy of the FAC. Germany they are far far more strict though, they will want to see a certificate for a qualification you have relating to hunting, so in our case DSC1.

Alex