Red roaring maybe for the wrong reason

Bugsy

A friend of mine shot this stag last week and when he got to it thought he had gut shot it only to discover that the large object hanging out was his manhood.I have tried to give as good as picture and size of the pizzle as I could on and off the stag. The stag was facing him when he shot it and the light was fading so he couldn't see it hanging when he shot it .The pizzle weighed just under 4kg and had a few sore looking lesion's on it. The second picture shows me pulling it out to give you an idea of the length of it .It was like hard fat to handle and there was a 2" slit on the end where he could pee I presume . He has been in a wallow as you can see, and was on the edge of a clearfell roaring like any other fellow,but there is no way he could have mounted anything with his jewels in that state is there!. He was a 10 pointer in good shape, he was pinky in side and weighed 91kg and no other signs of anything unusual.Is it a rupture from last year or something eles.

2012 till 2015 149.jpg2012 till 2015 153.jpg2012 till 2015 157.jpg2012 till 2015 161.jpg2012 till 2015 159.jpg

That looks to me like a grossly enlarge prepuce. I'd speculate that he's jumped a fence, ripped the prepuce and it has healed, somewhat enlarged. It might also have been a developmental problem that has got progressively larger with time. Interesting, thanks.

Never seen anything quite like that, you say that he was"pinky inside" that is normal for a rutting stag.
I that's right bogtrotter , he had the usual signs you would expect from a rutting stag, not much in his stomach either.

not nice but thanks for posting , may be a fence injury but at 91 kg was not affecting him to much, pink fat is the norm for a rutting stag ATB Davie.

I shot one similar to this about 3 years ago. We had observed him the day before but not been able to get into him. We did however get a good look.

It was hanging so low that the poor bugger kept treading on the end of it as he walked. Exceptionally swollen with some big wounds on it he was never going to recover so we went looking for him the next day and shot him. Lovely 11 pointer, in great condition apart from his "problem". It was just before the rut in mid September, great shame to have had to take him off the hill but we felt it was the best thing to do.

I shot one similar to this about 3 years ago. We had observed him the day before but not been able to get into him. We did however get a good look.

It was hanging so low that the poor bugger kept treading on the end of it as he walked. Exceptionally swollen with some big wounds on it he was never going to recover so we went looking for him the next day and shot him. Lovely 11 pointer, in great condition apart from his "problem". It was just before the rut in mid September, great shame to have had to take him off the hill but we felt it was the best thing to do.
Best thing for them as they would never have managed to serve any hinds anyway .nothing worse than telling the ladies your up for it only to discover it aint going to happen .

Back