Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An interesting view on lead shot

An interesting view on lead shot

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

This lead report is the betrayal of a shooting lifetime by Swift - it (the report) and he, represents a gross and unconscionable abnegation of what he was asked to do and his 'duty' to be objective and honest for the shooters who paid his salary for years.

The Mail article:-
    Doesn't mention he will keep using lead until its banned.
    Doesnt mention it's been used for years and not a single casualty can be put down to lead in shot game, in all that time.
    Doesn't mention Norway's change over banning lead shot - but that's the Daily Mail for you.
    It and Swift were meant for each other - never let the truth spoil a good tale.

I love the use of the word 'contaminated'; perhaps more appropriately used to describe the thought processes that went into the LAG report, and the integrity of the man who should have led the group and not been 'lead' by it.

Sorry, apologies for the 'rant', I feel very strongly about Swift, as a result BASC, and this whole debacle and that too few shooters are sufficiently incensed to change the way we have been led.

He didn't become 'Lord Swift of Marford Mill' (for services to NuLab) and so throws all the toys out of the pram.

I had to copy and paste this reply!! Priceless!!

Paul from Orellanita, Orellana de la Sierra, Spain, about 2 hours ago

What a load of rubbish is told to us today! I dont know how I made it but...Im going on for 76 years of age. I smoked until 12 months ago. I used to drink alcohol in quite large amounts. Ive been sunburnt until I looked like an Indian. Ive ridden motorcycles, driven sports cars, played with conkers as a child, played marbles in the gutters, bedded goodness knows how many women since the age of 18. And I am still alive.

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Ha ha good one, I am about the same age and done most of the same things. Over and above I have been consuming animals shot with lead for at leas 65 years. Can still walk 5 or 6 miles without a stop( not uphill though) Only thing never been as successful with the ladieas as your correspondent.

Blackpowder

"...am still alive - AND HAVE LIVED! "

Too many lily livered, cotton-wool encased, risk averse, molly-coddled, wet-gusseted pansies around telling us all how to live our lives without themselves having lived for a friggin second.

(rant over)
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I assume Mr Swift has also been eating lead shot game all/most of his life, so presumably he's as brain damaged as the rest of us. If so, his report can hardly be taken seriously if it's been written by someone with a mental impairment? However, is that observation valid, given that it's been made by someone who consumes lead shot game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    I assume Mr Swift has also been eating lead shot game all/most of his life, so presumably he's as brain damaged as the rest of us. If so, his report can hardly be taken seriously if it's been written by someone with a mental impairment? However, is that observation valid, given that it's been made by someone who consumes lead shot game?
    .....I'm not sure I can answer your question re validity - simply because I too have eaten lead-shot game! As such, my judgement and objectivity may be compromised.....Well well well, what a conundrum we have here!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    "...am still alive - AND HAVE LIVED! "

Too many lily livered, cotton-wool encased, risk averse, molly-coddled, wet-gusseted pansies around telling us all how to live our lives without themselves having lived for a friggin second.

(rant over)
    Don't mince your words Jock!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Mr Swift. What a **nt.

No mention in the article as to over how long the alleged "6,000 tonnes" of lead has taken to accumulate. From the Civil War (1642 - 1651) to date or maybe earlier?

Typical lazy shock jock reportage. No surprise of course.