Thread: Altberg Norway boots

Altberg Norway boots

Looking at trying these, anyone any experience, not altberg in general just these boots please.....

ive read mixed reviews of altberg, some swear by them others got very wet feet and swear at them....

cheers!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Basically this boot looks very much like the gamekeeper stark extreme they make without the stark coating I have the Starks and they're very good more comfy than my meindels .
    norma

Cheers Doug.

I have the Velthog which, having just looked at the website, is now called the Norway Velthog. Looks like two different sole options on the same boot. I couldn't be happier with mine, best boots that i've ever had. As with most Altbergs there are endless fitting options so it's worth taking the time to get the best fit.

Thanks Glyn hadn't found them on the website, I was looking for the velthog, God knows why they aren't listed in the country boot section..... Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Basically this boot looks very much like the gamekeeper stark extreme they make without the stark coating I have the Starks and they're very good more comfy than my meindels .
    norma
    +1 for the starks, been wearing for 2 years and still very happy.

I'm a massive fan of the gamekeeper boots. Best boots I've ever had, and I've had a lot of boots.

I've got the norway (non velthog) and the gamekeeper (not the stark ones) and I'm happy with both. No issues with either. For comparison, if it's any help, I have an aged pair of meindl dovres which are less flexible, but very well built. I'd buy either again, although having really weak ankles I would say that the meindl suit me slightly better as I don't feel that I could turn my ankles in them, they are stiff in the ankle area. I've had no problem with the altbergs in that department though, so I think maybe it's a mental thing. Definately make an appointment for a proper fitting at the factory if possible, instead of just turning up like I did. I hope this is helpful.