Zimbabwe will not charge U.S. dentist

They could not charge him, he did nothing wrong, he may not like you, and as to your fettish for spanking members of the same sex, this is not the forum for that sort of behaviour :doh:

I imagine that Mr Palmer will now start to raise multiple law suits which will generate plenty of income to allow him to shoot big game for the rest of his life. The Zimbabwe Environment Minister has stated that all his papers were in order which was his contention all along.

Too many people spouted to much tosh too soon.

I imagine that Mr Palmer will now start to raise multiple law suits which will generate plenty of income to allow him to shoot big game for the rest of his life. The Zimbabwe Environment Minister has stated that all his papers were in order which was his contention all along.

Too many people spouted to much tosh too soon.

Exactly

The hatrid was nothing to do with wether or not an actual offence was commited, it was because he was a hunter.

I am glad they pointed out the $49,000,000 revenue create by hunting for Zim as the economic realiaty is they need it just like we need to destroy habitats for oil and gas and kill dolphins for off shore eco freindly wind farms

I have zero interest in trophy hunting and would never pay a penny to shoot a lion but I can see past the emotive issues

ATB

Chasey

The fact that the
"disneyfied " public got wind of this was what blew it from a pimple on the ar5e of nobody into a full scale eruption!
The public dont care if his paper were in order all they care about is that the cute fluffy animals are all safe and cuddly & that the ugly dangerous baddy animals die ... Oh and cows & pigs & chickens are just " different" so they don't count we can still eat them that makes it ok ....
Seriously that's the general thought process of those eating a lips & ar5ehole cheese burger from reclaimed meat whilst sitting there telling me, im a murdering bar steward !!
It's is SCARY how far removed most folk are from what they stuff in their gob and from how or where our meat comes from .
So asking them to try to understand the theory of culling & conservation , removal of problem animals etc , especially in species that's had the Disney treatment ???!
Brain washed !

Paul

After the Cecil incident I had one fella at the gold club sugest he should be put against a wall and shot with his own bow???

A sentiment I have heard many times from anamal rights and blinkered conservationists

I am always amused they fail to see the flawed logic that they pasionaltly want a human killed for being deranged enough to want to kill an anamal????
If asked about what I do I have started saying I cull free range venison for the butchers to sell

ATB

Chasey

I was watching a DVD of Babar the Elephant with YPM at the weekend. The cartoons are from the 80s and the the scripts are awful compared to the books which are great, full of simplistic and trite nonsense (which is different to making things understandable and relevant for children). Some of you may know that Babar is orphaned as a baby when a hunter (presumably an irresponsible and unethical one) shoots his mother. In the cartoon, he asks the Old Lady how this could happen. "Some people have no respect for life, they just want a trophy" answers the Old Lady. I highlighted this example to Mrs PM to illustrate what I said above. To which she answers "Yes but it's true though, look at Cecil the Lion". I did make a weak start on contesting this point and then just dropped it. Legal or not, it's a terrible story.

Now that the hunter is not being charged, presumably the trial of the guide can only go one way? He's charged with failing to prevent an illegal hunt. Which they now seem to be saying was legal...

Ethics aside the hunt was legal so all this fuss has been for nothing ! Don't get me wrong it's not my bag but one thing that's ok and etchical to one person may not be to another

Yes Pine Marten. "Legal or not, it's a terrible story" - but all it is, is a story. Sure a lion got killed. Many do daily. Nobody raises an eyebrow which may be "wrong" - whatever wrong is but, in general, in Africa, one less lion is a good thing.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Taff
They could not charge him, he did nothing wrong, he may not like you, and as to your fettish for spanking members of the same sex, this is not the forum for that sort of behaviour
doh.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyone who heard the representative of the Born Free Foundation on Radio 4 will know that the facts are the last thing some people let get in the way of bigoted prejudice....mind you, there are a few subjects on here that elicit a similar response ;)

Zim farmers killed and their farms seized country plunged into famine. No comment.Cecil hunted legally and people want to kill the hunter. Geezus what mixed up morals.

Babar the Elephant. I read the books as a kid. It's been heavily sanitised for modern TV cartoons then I'd guess. Not what it was is Babar and his adventures it seems.

As the books I enjoyed in the 1960s were French colonialist racist bile and fit for only for kindling. We knew no better then. But I look back an see it for what it was. French colonialist racist bile.

Last edited:
Well the TV versions are from the midst of the 1980s "save the elephant" campaign, so they're pretty anti hunting. But as for racist, well they're all animals. I read Babar as a developing world despot, like a non-violent version of "Emperor" Jean-Bédel Bokasa. And the early ones are indeed from the colonial era, like the early Tintins. Later on, he seems to be in Southern France, only with African fauna. But I've not read all of them. The ones I have don't seem racist to me and I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing. It's no "Little Black Sambo"...

deleted

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 20.12.33.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 20.12.33.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Florence Upton. Other than the extremely dubious title & subject matter it reads much like any other children book of the time. I seem to remember that the fox even gets away, although minus it's brush.

Back