Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .223 the calibre of choice for munti and cwd

.223 the calibre of choice for munti and cwd

Hi all am new to the site and this has proberley been said before.
    I am just loving my .223 at the moment on the munti i havent shot a munti with my .243 since easter 09 i just love my Tikka T3 combo with 50grn Sako arrowheads. They are perfect for head/neck placement and do very little meat damage on a chest shot.
    I am yet to take a cwd with it but am trying to line it up at the moment.

Happy hunting all and thanks for taking the time to read this.

GM

Glad to hear your getting plenty of shooting with your .223.
    I have a X-Bolt in .223. But only on ticket for Fox at the minute so does't get used very much (Have a 6.5x55 for deer).
    I was thinking of getting deer put on my ticket for the .223, but not many cwd/muntjac in Lancs. Although could use for Scottish Roe I suppose.

Happy Hunting
    N.

Get your license alterterd you wont regret it id love to have a go at some roe with it, am using it for foxs as well but have shot more deer with.
    You shouldnt have too long to wait for munti to reach you there getting everywhere!

GM

yeah we have munti now in huddersfield and halifax and up to keighley

The .223 is more than capable on Roe..even if you have to go to Scotland (DAFT)..I have dropped them on the spot at well over 200yards with .223..

Quote Originally Posted by Deker View Post
    The .223 is more than capable on Roe..even if you have to go to Scotland (DAFT)..I have dropped them on the spot at well over 200yards with .223..
    We have read you bragging posts on Hunting Life ! Where you claim to head /neck shoot all you deer and have NEVER had a runner Something don't smell right !

The only people who have Never had a runner are liers or have not shot many deer ! Which are you ?
    Last edited by splash; 08-05-2010 at 17:46.

Correct, with you on that. deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    We have read you bragging posts on Sporting Life ! Where you claim to head /neck shoot all you deer and have NEVER had a runner Something don't smell right !

The only people who have Never had a runner are liers or have not shot many deer ! Which are you ?
    splash deerwarden well put my thought's to i have found they are normaly BOTH
    Last edited by stalkerboydy; 07-05-2010 at 22:13.

sorry guys its not me youve been reading i like to get 50-100 yds before taking my shots im a confident shot and only shoot munti,cwd and fox's with my rifle but would kike to have a go at roe at the same ranges.

GM

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    We have read you bragging posts on Sporting Life ! Where you claim to head /neck shoot all you deer and have NEVER had a runner Something don't smell right !

What is that all about?

I next to never head shoot them or neck shoot them and very rarely ever have.

I have no need to brag about anything, there are plenty of people better than me!

Shooting a Roe in the heart at 200 yards with a .223 is not the most challenging shot in the world, if you find this difficult I suggest you practice, many on this site will be capable of this shot!

You have made a rather strange leap of assumption!

But then again you have made it clear in the past you can't handle deer with a .243 and need a .308!
    Last edited by Deker; 07-05-2010 at 23:24.