Thread: Quick change scope mounts for a Sauer 202

Quick change scope mounts for a Sauer 202

I have started to to a bit of Euopean hunting and am considering getting a scope with a low mag for boar as well as having one with a larger mag and obecjecive dawn dusk scope. What mounts do i need to do this that are QD?

BW

Wills

EAW Apel or Recknagel are best on the market ! I use EAW Apel on my Sauer 202.

An are these "QD"? Don't Recknagel do something that looks like the Blaser mount. When I had a Blaser, I did like the fact that I could take the scope off then put it back on again and zero was the same.

Try Alan Rhone, ive had 2 sets of zeigler mts from him, and i swap scopes all the time, and the zero is spot on ,
    not cheap but top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    Try Alan Rhone, ive had 2 sets of zeigler mts from him, and i swap scopes all the time, and the zero is spot on ,
    not cheap but top quality.
    +1

Very pricey but as you say, top quality.

Last edited by Orion; 14-10-2015 at 06:35.

Leupold a system is very easy to use and set up it also returns to zero well but doesn't cost the earth.

I use Warne Premier QD rings on Warne steel bases on my Sauer 200. Look good and work like a charm.
    It had Leupold sculpted bases and rings on dual dovetails, but I put the iron sights back on it and wanted to be able to use a scope, too.

I tried the Leupolds and found they dident zero as well as the Zieglers, and yes they do cost a bit more, but worth it .

I use EAW bases and rings on my 202. I believe have exactly what you are considering: a 3-15x42 for the hill and a 2-7x33 IR for woodland work. I've 30mm and 1" swing-off rings, and everything holds the zero. They sure are expensive, but come up used on here every now and again (I got the 30mm rings off here). I can't fault the set-up - and if you get yourself a second calibre you have a truly versatile rifle.
    Ron